BofA closed account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BofA closed account

I had a zero balance with BofA for a line of credit. I didn't include them because like I said no balance. Today I log into check my account out of curiosity and get this message:

There are no open eligible accounts to display for this Online ID. We are unable to service your request. If you need further assistance, please call 800.933.6262.

Not that I care, but it stings a little, like not getting an invitation to a friends (not a close friend) wedding. Why do they do that? Is it to protect themselves and if so from what? (can't file for 8 yrs) or just blind policy or resentment to BK'ers?
    Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
    341 March 18
    Discharged...May 18
    Awaiting closing...

Policy. All of the large banks subscribe to the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing center's daily updates and/or subscribe to a large credit reporting agencies daily update. I too had a line of credit, not included, immediately closed the day after filing! (Not only that, they used their "right of offset" to pay it off from my checking account.)

Anyhow, most lenders have a policy to automatically close any account that is in default. If you read your credit agreement, there's probably something in there that reads that bankruptcy (or insolvency) constitutes a constructive default.

So, it's policy, not resentment.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X