Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
    wise owl here.
    I have told three people, my best friend, my best family member friend, and one other person whose opinion I respect.

as the wise owl stated, there is no need to get your business out there. however, if you have friends or family that are under financial distress, it is good to give them information to help them consider if BK is the right strategy.

to sum it up, I find that smart people are the ones that file, especially when they (me) get screwed over by people lying on loan documents to buy houses they had no business buying and banks giving out loans to these same people as well, something that really messed up people like yours truly who make excellent income yet have a home underwater by over 100k because of the bullshit that floated out of these lies.

rambling over....hope I made sense here.
    I'm not sure I understand how others decisions led you to file bankruptcy.

The things that keeps me from being insolvent are integrity and personal responsibility.

I explained the situation to my boss and no one else. If others need to know they can do their own legal research on PACER.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Hubby told his parents. We discuss just about everything with his parents. And we have a close friend who knows. I'm not close enough to discuss anything more than necessary with my family. (That's a saga for another type of help forum LOL.)
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Told no one - 'cept wife - she is not filing. What bothers me a bit is not knowing who knows, e.g if a business meeting (I am a self employed consultant) gets delayed, is it because this guy who has a bunch of contacts in the financial industry so is attuned to financial status, runs people he gets introduced to through a public search, or is he just being flaky which happens a lot anyway.

Comment

No...we haven't told anyone. I don't feel like it's any of their business either.

Sometimes I feel like everywhere I go..everyone is looking at us and "knows". I know that's not true, but sometimes it's hard to remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
            No...we haven't told anyone. I don't feel like it's any of their business either.

Sometimes I feel like everywhere I go..everyone is looking at us and "knows". I know that's not true, but sometimes it's hard to remember that.
            You been hanging out with ApresMoi lately?
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

My best friend works in a bankruptcy office and suggested it to me after I broke out in tears driving home (we carpool together).

Comment

gmk is that a chipmunk with a beer and cigg? what's going on in your avatar, I can't make it out.
                Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                341 March 18
                Discharged...May 18
                Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  You been hanging out with ApresMoi lately?
                  LOL. Well, I guess I should say by "everyone", I mean family. I know that Amex tried to call FIL (vs. us) and sometimes I wonder if they've called other family members and no one has told us that they know what's going on.

Stupid, I know. But I guess it's not me quite being over the feeling like we have a dirty little secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                    gmk is that a chipmunk with a beer and cigg? what's going on in your avatar, I can't make it out.
                    1 out of 3. Chilled out squirrel, cigg and a bottle of Jack D.

Comment

The only people I have told are my mom and my sister. I'm very close to my mom and don't care if she knows. My sister and her husband are going to file Chapter 7 in May (I'm doing Chapter 13), so we're pretty much in the same boat. None of my friends know. I don't share other personal financial information with them, so to me, this is no different.
                      Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                      341 meeting - 4/2010
                      Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

My family knows. I don't really care who knows. Not worried what people think.
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

For me it is a business decision, but no one needs to know my business. Thus no one knows.
                          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by Depressed View Post
                            ... He's treating me differently now and I haven't asked him for anything. Actually, I don't think he's even a friend. I'm just the only one he knows and he likes to tell me about all the great stuff he's bought recently. .
                            If he is treating you different over this action, then he was probably not a real friend anyway. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                              If he is treating you different over this action, then he was probably not a real friend anyway. Just my opinion.
                              A real friend would offer help.
                              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Your finances are personal, why would you talk about it with anyone,it is nobody's business. Can never figure out why people want the whole world to know their business, that is very strange, would they talk about their sex life? But then maybe again those who share their finances might vevery well do just that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X