top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vent, do you ever feel like your life revolves around BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been dealing with this for 6 months now and finally have my 341 coming up in 2 weeks. Lately have been feeling like my life revolves around this BK. Does it ever get better? I just feel like I have put my life on hold because I am afraid to buy things, do things, etc. because I don't want to get reamed at the 341 or for some reason have my case thrown out.

Sorry for the vent, I am having a bad day, on top of everything else with the BK I find out that there is a parent lunch on the exact day/time as my 341 and it really sucks telling my child that I can't be there and they have to sit with some other kids family.

If you are in a 13, unfortunately, your life will somewhat revolve around your bk. At least I am finding mine does. The all important budget. I never leave home without checking it twice and knowing exactly what I can spend. It's become like a new hobby or something. I feel really darned smart if I figured out a way to save myself $10 here or there.

Sorry to hear about your 341 lunch conflict. I know those things are so important. I don't suppose after waiting 6 months that you want to attempt to reschedule it. Hopefully you will figure out a very special way to make it up to the child.

Comment

We are a 7. I feel bad because my child is disabled and does not understand why we can't be there. =(

I am crossing my fingers that everything will go okay at the 341 and that we can move on to a debt free life.

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
      If you are in a 13, unfortunately, your life will somewhat revolve around your bk. At least I am finding mine does. The all important budget. I never leave home without checking it twice and knowing exactly what I can spend. It's become like a new hobby or something. I feel really darned smart if I figured out a way to save myself $10 here or there.

Sorry to hear about your 341 lunch conflict. I know those things are so important. I don't suppose after waiting 6 months that you want to attempt to reschedule it. Hopefully you will figure out a very special way to make it up to the child.

Comment

Unfortunate the masses are, dont feel bad, feel proud that you are utilizing your rights afforded to you as a US citizen, you are doing what is best for your family no doubt, then it will be nothing but a memory.

Comment

I do. We haven't even filed yet. Heck, I can't even find a lawyer that I want to retain! So, I'm feeling REALLY frustrated, and like we can't move forward.

Comment

Absolutely - every.single.day. I can't wait for this to be over.
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
            Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Yes, your life does revolve around BK! For how long? That depends on many things...Ch. 7, Ch. 13, lessons learned, etc. I'm just starting in a Ch. 13. Those first couple of month were BK 24/7, gathering old bank statements, old tax returns, trying to figure out expenses since I never budgeted, etc. A MAJOR pain. I'm taking my as a big wake up call and lessons learned. I'm on a 5 year plan, but plan on living on a reasonable budget after that and save as much as I can. To me this has been a second chance and hopefully it will be a life long lesson.
              Met with attorney: Early 12/2009
              Filed Ch 13: 1/8/10
              : 2/26/10

Comment

My husband thinks I'm a little obsessed right now. What can I say? I like to research and feel more comfortable being over prepared and educated.

I do this with everything though, getting pregnant I was obsessed with reading about it. Then buying a house and understanding the process. After the initial uncertainty with this bk I have been very happy about it though. It's not a bad stress once I realized this will HELP us and we CAN keep it a secret.
                attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                341, 05/10/2010
                discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Everytime I log on to this BKforum.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was kind of like "blessed" is. My husband has said that I was obsessed with it(mainly because I log onto "bkforum") daily; but I don't hardly post because even though I have researched and researched, I'm still not comfortable giving advice(an occassional opinion here or there, maybe). I think every since June 2009, I have did something with this bankruptcy daily(even though I didn't file until 12/2/09). Thankfully, my date for creditors to object to discharge was on Monday, 3/08/10; so hopefully my actual discharge letter and closing is coming soon.(It took my friend 15 days to get discharged, and 5 days after that to be closed; so, if it's the same for me; here's to hoping that I can get my hamsters in about 2 weeks and be case closed by the end of the month. It has been a long journey, but I'm so looking forward to my fresh start and when this can actually stop being a part of my every day life.....
                    Filed Ch7: December 02, 2009
                    341 Meeting: January 06, 2010

Comment

Yes, you are not alone in feeling like you do anything without thinking about BK. I've been obsessing about and/or researching this for over a year, and sometimes I think that I've wasted so much time of my life in worrying that I'll go crazy. I can't just sit down and have it off my mind for a second b/c it seems like money subjects come up all the time (e.g., I feel guilty when we go to my in-laws if they mention anything remotely related to money/I feel guilty when I talk to my parents b/c I know how disappointed they would be if they found out/I don't want my neighbors to come over for dinner b/c I'm scared the phone will ring and it will be a creditor/I don't like watching TV anymore b/c of those bank commercials about saving so you can "live the life you want to live" or the car dealerships advertising 0% interest for those who qualify...the list goes on!)

I know it will all be worth it and will be over soon (my 341 is next Monday), but I wonder how long it will take for me to stop obsessing over it?

Comment

I think I did make positive steps toward breaking my bankruptcy obsession when I failed or refused to log in to PACER for 5 straight days after my confirmation. I caved in and did check it last night. Nothing new.

Comment

The short answer is yes. My life revolves around it and has for over a year.

Between planning, documentation, and the actual bk, I've been on this project since early 2009. It will be over one day........
                          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X