Why do attorney's lie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do attorney's lie.

They don't all lie, but the one I hired in fact does lie, he basically said everything I wanted to hear, and lied to my face.

I am stuck with him now, and there is nothing I can do, trust me.

Such BS, COMMENCE FINGER NAIL BITING, ITS GONNA BLEED THIS TIME!

I'm sorry.

Care to share some of the details?
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

im sorry to say.....but yes they do ALL lie....they will tell you that you have a case..knowing full well....that you dont....they want that retainer....thats how they make their living....they dont care if you win or lose...as long as they get that retainer....i know most sob stories here are related to bk attornies......but i have had dealings with lawyers in other fields....unless they are taking a case on contingency...they will tell you what you want to hear...make you think you have a case....just to get that deposit....scroll through the pages here sometime and see just how many say they have had bad lawyers.....i know there are a couple of posters that say there are a FEW good ones....i have yet to see that....

Comment

[QUOTE=optimistic1;399237]They don't all lie, but the one I hired in fact does lie, he basically said everything I wanted to hear, and lied to my face.

i think their whole first year of law school is devoted to deception....how to tell some one what they want to hear and getting the deposit or retainer....its mandatory.... they also learn the ability to look you right in the eyes..lie...and not even flinch....AND at the end of first year law they have to turn in their souls....because as you can see they dont have one......

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
          im sorry to say.....but yes they do ALL lie....they will tell you that you have a case..knowing full well....that you dont....they want that retainer....thats how they make their living....they dont care if you win or lose...as long as they get that retainer....i know most sob stories here are related to bk attornies......but i have had dealings with lawyers in other fields....unless they are taking a case on contingency...they will tell you what you want to hear...make you think you have a case....just to get that deposit....scroll through the pages here sometime and see just how many say they have had bad lawyers.....i know there are a couple of posters that say there are a FEW good ones....i have yet to see that....

Boy, you really are biased against lawyers, aren't you?

I happen to have a good one. I also happened to have a good attorney when I got divorced.

Mayby you just aren't picking the right ones?

Comment

LoL, well I dont have the luxury of being picky and choosy when a lawsuit is slowly making its way towards garnishment, you keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Comment

Well, what did this lawyer supposedly lie about?

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                Well, what did this lawyer supposedly lie about?

Telling me his paralegal is an expert.

And then saying they have it all wrapped up, but then when I reviewed the petition, it had errors all over it, like they never bothered to read my questionnaire. Why bother trying to half ass it, just get it right and fix it. I keep hearing excuses, like oh I need an MRI today, and I'm in physical therapy this week from their paralegal, jesus, quit your day job already. Next time they send it to me, I am tempted to sign it, and let them file it to get protection, then I will bring up the errors later, and let them amend it.

They are good salespeople, that is one thing I know, they will say anything to convince you, and then you are a just a number.

I am curious if the plaintiff wins a default judgment, if they just sit on it, or immediately file a writ and go for the gold, more like copper.
                Last edited by optimistic1; 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors.

Comment

in my case i was served summons 1st feb and by april 4 of that year they had the abstract judgment filed with county recorder...so if they think there is something to get. it wont take long...

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                    Telling me his paralegal is an expert.

And then saying they have it all wrapped up, but then when I reviewed the petition, it had errors all over it, like they never bothered to read my questionnaire. Why bother trying to half ass it, just get it right and fix it. I keep hearing excuses, like oh I need an MRI today, and I'm in physical therapy this week from their paralegal, jesus, quit your day job already. Next time they send it to me, I am tempted to sign it, and let them file it to get protection, then I will bring up the errors later, and let them amend it.

They are good salespeople, that is one thing I know, they will say anything to convince you, and then you are a just a number.

I am curious if the plaintiff wins a default judgement, if they just on it, or immediately file a writ and go for the gold, more like copper.
                    While your attorney's paralegal may be an expert in any specific area, whether they are competent in others could be questioned (i.e., preparing documents, typos, mistakes, etc.). Also, legal assistants (not paralegals) could be preparing the documents and the errors could come from them). I don't see how you can state your attorney is lying when you are talking about errors on a petition. Attorneys, just like other professionals (i.e., doctors) take matters that they know they can handle or win. They don't take cases where they could lose money. It's just like any other business out there. Although I can say I know attorneys and have worked for attorneys who have gone way beyond what they need to do for clients both service wise and cost wise. Not all attorneys are bad...thte same goes for any other professional...doctors, CPAs, etc.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Ok, so what I call LIE, is what someone else might interpret as buttering up. He told me his paralegal was a community property expert, which is a load of bull after I spoke to him in person. He told me he knows exactly how to fill out the petition for my situation, and what I seen was PATHETIC in every way shape and form. I could have filled it out better without a NOLO book and just BKFORUM.COM.

TRUST ME HE LIED, I sat there watching him fiddling around with BESTCASE right in front of me, it aint some doc preparer.

sorry for being a cocky s.o.b. but I am freaking high strung on this, its twilight hour and these idiots are screwing it up

Comment

Just like some lie on their resume. They are just trying to make money and lots of it.
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Yes, I know, and if my situation was different I would fire them in a heartbeat, but I am stuck.

Comment

Ok, I see. As others, I would probably not say they are lying about anything.

This is a delicate issue between attorney and client. What exactly is in error? What the attorney needs to analyze your case (the Questionnaire and supporting info) and what actually needs to go on the petition are different thins. For example, the "amount" owed to particular creditor is not that important. If you owe Chase $8,500, and your attorney put $9,500, it doesn't matter. Also, most of the time, true errors on the petition are not the attorneys fault, the garbage in (what you provide) garbage out principle in effect.

But, hey, some people (attorneys, paralegals etc) are simply not good at their jobs.
                            Last edited by HHM; 04-03-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                              Ok, so what I call LIE, is what someone else might interpret as buttering up. He told me his paralegal was a community property expert, which is a load of bull after I spoke to him in person. He told me he knows exactly how to fill out the petition for my situation, and what I seen was PATHETIC in every way shape and form. I could have filled it out better without a NOLO book and just BKFORUM.COM.

TRUST ME HE LIED, I sat there watching him fiddling around with BESTCASE right in front of me, it aint some doc preparer.

sorry for being a cocky s.o.b. but I am freaking high strung on this, its twilight hour and these idiots are screwing it up
                              Having the knowledge of being a "community property expert" and filing out a petition for a matter are two different things. As HHM stated, different figures than what you have provided may need to go into the petition and a paralegal works on instructions from the attorney. He/she does not pull figures out of the air or puts information in any document without attorney approval. The paralegal just might need computer skills in working with the software. You need to ensure the figures that were inserted in the document are correct with your attorney. Information we provided to our attorney was different than what was inserted in our documentation; the attorney made various adustments to figures and other information. Before freaking and calling everyone liars, get to the meat of the situation and find out if the information is correct, and if not correct is is just clerical errors or inexperience with the software?

I've seen "experts" in many fields flub at handling other stuff. Also some people just do not work well under pressure, deadlines or they could be overwhelmed. Contact your attorney directly with your concerns.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X