top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So screwed. Lost my wallet with BOTH my DL and SS card. Can I freeze files in BK7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So screwed. Lost my wallet with BOTH my DL and SS card. Can I freeze files in BK7?

Oh man am I screwed. I am pretty sure I lost my wallet and I had both my DL and SS card inside of it. (Still had my SS with me from my 341 meeting, yes I know to never carry them together but I forgot to take it out afterwards.)

My credit is so crappy now that I don't think that there is any way somebody can open an account with it, but I still want to put a fraud alert on my files so that nobody can screw with my identity. I am almost at discharge, will I mess anything up if I alert the 3 credit bureaus that I lost these cards?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This just sucks.

I don't think this will hurt your discharge, but I am soooo sorry this happened to you. Maybe it will turn up. Did you look behind the seats in your car?

Comment

Ok nevermind ........ I found it!!! YAY!!!
      Taking out my SS card NOW!! THANKS!

Comment

Happy to help lol.

Comment

I have a funny story about losing a wallet....many years ago I was starting a new job so I had to bring my ss card and birth certificate. I lived a few blocks away so I walked to work. Well somewhere along the way on my first day, I lost my wallet. I looked all over the streets on the way home and couldn't find it. I was so worried because someone now had my ss card and bc. Anyway, ordered replacements for all of that stuff.

Out of the blue about 4 years after I had lost it, I get a call from the manager of the TJMaxx across the street from my job. She had my wallet in the lost & found and it had been there all these years. When it was originally turned in they had looked through it to see if they could find a phone# and couldn't. She was going through the old stuff in the lost & found and found a tiny receipt for a CD I had ordered that had my ph#. So 4 years later I got my wallet back with everything in it...even my $20! I got lucky.
          Filed 5/29/09
          Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

to the OP, glad that you found your wallet! I know how this feels when a wallet would go missing. I was at a grocery store years ago and was in line waiting to pay for my groceries. When it was time to pay for my food, I looked for my wallet and really panicked, looked through my purse, I was positive it was in my purse and I suspected a pickpocket expert stole my wallet because my purse was not zipped Several months later, I got a call from the police through the help of a construction company saying they had my wallet, EVERYTHING was in it, DL, SSN, cards except for coins and dollar bills..buried underneath 6 feet of mud!!

For those carrying purses with wallets and other valuables, make sure they are zipped and secured!
            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

I tend to take the everything out of my wallet that I am not planning on using that week, every Sunday, and put it all in another wallet that I leave at home. I have 4 debit cards, and these are not all necessary at one time. Of course, this wouldn't help with the driver's license. I also don't carry cash in my wallet. I put it in a separate zipper pocket deep inside of my purse. Of course, that isn't monkey proof. I suppose I could lose my purse. But it's one way of hopefully not having everything stolen at once.

Comment

I lost my wallet in January. I left it sitting in my lap in the car instead of putting it back in my purse. When I got out at the grocery store, I didn't notice it fallling to the ground. That was right after I resolved to stop using my credit cards. So, my last credit card charge was made by the person who found my wallet and decided to fill up their gas tank!
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X