Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Pacer does charge under $10

I just got my Pacer bill.
    $1.84, automatically charged to my bank account.

Their site still says no charges will be accrued if the balance is under $10.

Any idea what gives?

I think the prior PACER billing rules, which were just updated on March 16, 2010, are really misunderstood. The $10 limit is if you had not spent $10 on PACER in an entire year. So, if you spent $10.01 in 1st quarter 2010, and spent $1.84 in 2nd quarter of 2010, you'd be billed both the $10.01 and $1.84 because you spent "more than" $10 for the year.

However, the new PACER rules allow $10 per quarter, so you'd need to exceed the $10in each quarter of the year. This "new" way to bill, effective March 16, 2010, is how most people "thought" it worked.

Personally, your account seems to be messed up, as I don't know how you could be billed in the first quarter for $1.84. You may want to contact the PACER service center.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I received a bill for $1.84 for the first quarter from Pacer. It did not come out of my account.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
        I received a bill for $1.84 for the first quarter from Pacer. It did not come out of my account.
        I also got a statement for around $5 but no charges hit my account.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

My account just got hit for $8.10, today in fact.

I haven't used it in quite some time. This was my balance at the end of 2009 and I have not used PACER since. Perhaps they wanted to close it out, as I am no longer actively using it??

No idea.
          8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
          11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

It was 20 days between the email statement and withdrawl from my account.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X