Unbelievable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable!

We filed on Wednesday and got our case number on Thursday. In Friday's mail we had a letter to each of us saying that since we filed BK there was a car waiting for us at this particular dealership that works with people out of BK.

Our 341 was on Monday, my husband got a letter like that from a dealer in our area the next day. I've already received an offer for a credit card!! It's ridiculous, they can't wait to pull you back into debt!!

Comment

Originally posted by needachance View Post
      We filed on Wednesday and got our case number on Thursday. In Friday's mail we had a letter to each of us saying that since we filed BK there was a car waiting for us at this particular dealership that works with people out of BK.
      Good mail service. Actually when your lawyer files by PACER the computer gives him a case number on the spot. However on the car mail stuff, be careful of these types of things. Also if you purchase while just filing bk, you could jeopardize your bk. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jrocha View Post
        Our 341 was on Monday, my husband got a letter like that from a dealer in our area the next day. I've already received an offer for a credit card!! It's ridiculous, they can't wait to pull you back into debt!!
        Yes because they know you cannot file and get a release for 8 years. Also, with this economy they are hungry, but you will pay royally for that privilege. Purchase used for cash is best. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We've gotten at least 6 letters about buying a car since we filed. Um, no thanks.
          attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
          no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
          341, 05/10/2010
          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

When you file, your name, address and BK become public information. Creditors obtain that information because you will be debt free. They want your money. Just wait until your name gets sold out there to the mailing lists...Our BK has been off our credit reports for over a year and we still get mail offering us loans and services to those that have filed bankruptcy - it never really goes away...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Debt free after chapter 7 bk? I wish.
              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

We won't be sucked in because we will NEVER be using credit again or buying things on time until we buy a house. We may have a low balance card through our credit union for the purposes of our credit score but I am not even sure that is important at this point.

Comment

My husband is actually saying he does not want to get another credit card, even to rebuild our credit and he's the one that likes to use them! He's hoping our remaining mortgage will help. We are going to be very careful of any new credit we get, which I am very glad of.

We also got an offer letter in the mail from a car dealership, less than a week after filing. I just laughed...
                  Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                  Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                  341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                  Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by needachance View Post

I got a whole pile of those!!! Bunches!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X