No announcement yet.

Bank Account(s) Not Frozen.....yet?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Bank Account(s) Not Frozen.....yet?????

My husband and I filed our 13 2 weeks ago. Thus far our checking accounts (Wells Fargo, Chase and Union Bank of Calif) have NOT frozen our accounts. We only have a credit card that we included in the BK that is with Chase, so I can understand if they did freeze the account.

At this point I have cash at home (which I did disclose to the courts) and I am buying money orders for bills and paying with cash. But I have been wondering if they haven't frozen them this far, will they??? I have spoke to the banks and they said that they do not freeze the accounts unless they receive a court order. Would I have knowlendge that a court order will go out first, before the banks received it.....if one did go out?

Our hearing set set up for 7/6/2010. I really want to use the account(s) again, but I'm just not sure what to do.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Jenn-

I filed in June of 08 and my accounts didn't get frozen until the end of Aug of 08...there was no warning either...one day I went to use my debit card and it would't work!

Comment

If you did not have any debt, such as a car loan or credit card with the same bank as a checking account, it is probably ok. But if you had ANY debt at all with the same bank as a checking account, I think you should close that checking account and open a new one a different bank or credit union.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X