X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase takes a hit from bankruptcy filings: Down 41% Fourth Quarter

Chase takes a hit from bankruptcy filings

Fourth-quarter earnings down 41% due to higher charge-offs

guess i should send them 'Apology' letters since i caused a great deal of that earnings drop
    Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

I was actually going to wait till next week to post all of them. They all posted "less then expected profits" because of you bkfiler. BOA will report there misfortune tomorrow. I'm lighting my candles right now, 1 for chase, 1 for citi, 1 for boa, 1 for mbna, 1 for capital one. I want to light 1 for at&t, but I just ran out of candles.

Comment

The hell with Chase. They treated us real crappy and we were never late on the Mortgage. They batted us around like dogs over one payment that they admitted to fouling up sending it to the BK Office, you don't do that with a payment. MBNA, I owed $17,000.00, they never hassled us and were the first to report correctly to all three CRA's. I think they figured they got there money over the years.

Is that a Challenger R/T?

I have GMAC for the Mortgage now @6.9%. In spite of what i have heard they have been excellent and able to answer any question quickly. My 770 score got me 7.875% with chase in 2001. My 630 got me 6.9% with GMAC, not an ARM.
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Chase sold our loan to Vanderbilt Mtg. We have 6.5%. We did have a couple cards with them. MBNA and CitiBank were awful to deal with....
        They made their money. Am I sorry, not one dime's worth, we went to them and they said "so what, file". So we did.
        I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

BoA was my thorn in the side. I had banked with them for years, had good credit ratings until this last year. They were jerks to me. It was a great day for me when I filed bk on them AND closed my checking account. Yes, they made thier money off of me, I won't be crying for them.

Comment

I'll second Robivi's comment re: GMAC. Bought a Saturn through them in Aug. 2003. 5 yrs. at 0%. I have never been late and they were the first to send a re-affirmation agreement and gave me no hassles at all. Art

Comment

yeah, Chase screwed our account around due to their errors, and ended up making it to where I couldn't even afford the minimum due anymore.

Chase can burn in hell.
              Filed: 10/11/05 DONE
              341 Meeting: 11/21/05 DONE
              Last day for Objections: 1/20/06 DONE
              Discharged: 1/26/06
              CLOSED!! 3/16/06 :yahoo: :D

Comment

It's interesting how many people have had trouble with Chase. I had their Visa card while I was in college, and I ran it up to $1,500 in no time, mainly from flying back and forth to Oregon to visit my family, and I was an unemployed student at the time, I even stated that on the application when I applied for the card, but they gave it to me anyways. They probably figured my parents would pay it off for me. Nope. So, anyways, I couldn't afford to make the minimum payments anymore I so I told them in writing that I was an unemployed college student at Arizona State University and therefore didn't have any money to pay them. They sent me a letter to go speak to a certain person at the Chase credit card payment processing center in downtown Tempe (within walking distance from ASU), and the letter said they would let me work shifts around my class schedule. I thought that was pretty nice of them. I didn't do it because I was a lazy ass college student at the time, but still, I think that was pretty nice of them. But maybe they've changed since then.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown
                  It's interesting how many people have had trouble with Chase. I had their Visa card while I was in college, and I ran it up to $1,500 in no time, mainly from flying back and forth to Oregon to visit my family, and I was an unemployed student at the time, I even stated that on the application when I applied for the card, but they gave it to me anyways. They probably figured my parents would pay it off for me. Nope. So, anyways, I couldn't afford to make the minimum payments anymore I so I told them in writing that I was an unemployed college student at Arizona State University and therefore didn't have any money to pay them. They sent me a letter to go speak to a certain person at the Chase credit card payment processing center in downtown Tempe (within walking distance from ASU), and the letter said they would let me work shifts around my class schedule. I thought that was pretty nice of them. I didn't do it because I was a lazy ass college student at the time, but still, I think that was pretty nice of them. But maybe they've changed since then.

I honestly don't think one is better or worse then the other. It just depends on who you get on the other side of the phone.

Comment

Screw Chase!!! The yupped our APR on the cc from 19% to 29% because we missed a payment on another card.
                    Filed 09/05
                    Discarged 1/2/06
                    Closed 1/13/06

Comment

now now, lets show them some love people...

*taking out double-barrel shotgun*
                      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
                      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
                      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
                      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Originally posted by bkfiler
                        now now, lets show them some love people...

*taking out double-barrel shotgun*
                        Oh I plan to. 3 or 4 times over. That's how many Chase CC's we have.

Somehow thru mergers we have a lot of Chase CC's. They've always been nice to us, but we've always paid, on time, etc, etc, etc. Don't know how nice they'll be soon. Very soon.
                        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                        Discharged - 12/2006
                        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I took out a 3000$ cash advance on a chase card right after I got it. They then charged me $200 in miscellaneous fees that were not listed in the fine print schedule and I didn't even exceed my credit limit. After they refused to credit the fees I immediately paid off the card and canceled it. Pissed me off even having their card for only one month.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X