What happens if you reaffirm and made 2 payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if you reaffirm and made 2 payments

My friend bankruptcy was discharged in May of this year. She reaffirmed her furniture note. Her payments were to be $100 a month. She said she honestly forgot about the payments. I think she made 2. She got a called from the furniture people the other day, when she called them back they told her it had been sent back to the attorney. What happens now? She did call the attorney office but she has to wait for the collection department to call her back.
    Last edited by mstomica; 07-15-2010, 03:36 PM. Reason: Reaffirmed and didn't make the payments! ?

She will need to pay, or they can pursue further collection efforts. She owes the $.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I will never understand why people would reaffirm that type of debt. This is exactly what happens and not only do you need to pay it, you are now liable for it and they can report negatively on your credit report.

I can't believe their attorney signed the reaffirmation agreement or any Judge allowed it without it being listed as a hardship (and basically denying it).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well to my understanding, her attorny wasn't very helpful, she had to actually run her down to get most of her stuff done. I did tell her to check her credit report today, actually to see what the furniture company had reported and she said it is showing a judgment in December but she had 341 meeting in November or December

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X