General gap from filing to 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General gap from filing to 341 meeting

hey guys, I'm looking to file next week. The problem is i'll be having a vacation on the week of August 15th, Monday to August 23rd.

Is there a risk a 341 meeting could pop up there? Should I wait a little longer?

Does filing in a busy city like new york would indicate a longer time for a future 341 meeting?

Thanks again guys!

The meetings are generally set between 30 and 45 days of filing (unless your District is super busy). If you filed today, it's very likely that your 341 Meeting would be in the 8/23-9/7 timeframe.

You could call the Clerk of the Court and ask a general question about how many days out they schedule 341 Meetings.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      The meetings are generally set between 30 and 45 days of filing (unless your District is super busy). If you filed today, it's very likely that your 341 Meeting would be in the 8/23-9/7 timeframe.

You could call the Clerk of the Court and ask a general question about how many days out they schedule 341 Meetings.
      thanks! just curious:

1)do you get to pick a date or the trustee assigns one that is unchangable?

Comment

When we went in person to file our papers, the clerk printed out our notice of filing and handed it to us with the 341 meeting scheduled date and time right then and there along with our assigned trustee's name.
        Filed Consumer Chapter 7 12/18/08
        341 meeting 1/15/09

No-asset distribution report filed 1/20/2009
        Discharged 3/23/09

Comment

It depends on the District I suppose. As stated above, my District prints the 341 Meeting Date and Trustee name immediately when you file in the Clerk's Office.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This exact thing happened to me. I filed 3/28. I was starting a new job and there was a very important work related event on 5/7 that I had to attend. In addition to attending on that date, I was going to have to work on all the event prep in the days leading up to it, so there was no way I could take any time off of work that week. When I filed I said to the attorney, "I hope that the court date is not the first week of May, because I can't make it." Guess when it was? 5/6 -day before event I was planning for my new job and I couldn't ask for time off. They ended up filing some paperwork which I had to sign and rescheduling my 341 for a month later. A happy surprise in the end was that my final day for objections was 60 days after that first scheduled meeting, so my discharge date was not affected at all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X