Annoying Side Effect of BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Side Effect of BK

Its kind of annoying that the online accounts I have related to my Ch 13 don't work anymore. I can't look at my mortgage account online. I called to complain and they said that would be considered trying to collect payments which they are forbidden to do by law. I also used to pay my cell phone bill right on my phone. Can't do that anymore either. I understand that we are protected from bill collectors but this is ridiculous.

The reason why you cannot view your mortgage account online during a 13 is because your mortgage account was transferred to their BK Dept. If you send in a check via snail mail every month and were not paying online, you would be notified of a different address to send your payment each month and it would no longer go to the original address.

I don't understand why you cannot pay your cell phone bill as usual unless you (1) included your cell phone carrier in your BK or (2) you included your bank in your BK filing and they are doing something as to your checking accout by eliminating some services due to your BK. Either the cell phone carrier or your bank can tell you what is up as to that.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Yes overdue cell acct is part of my bk. I'm just venting. Its not that big a deal. More of a hassle.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X