Can't get a lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get a lawyer

I have talked to 3 lawyers and I keep trying to set up times to go over things and I can't get a call back. Are they that busy?

Yes, most of them are. Try finding a couple online and filling their onlnie intake screening form, then let them call you
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

If a BK lawyer is not busy lately, then that is probably not a BK lawyer you want.

Comment

Well, you probably need to hire them at this point (that is, pay them).

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
          If a BK lawyer is not busy lately, then that is probably not a BK lawyer you want.
          You know, actually, nationwide, we're only back to the levels that we had prior to the 2005 BACPA reform act. It seems busy, because everyone was used to the huge drop off of cases that followed the reform act. The big difference is the reasons for the filings. Whereas now it's job losses /cutbacks in working hours and foreclosures, it used to be primarily medical bills and credit card bills had outgrown the debtor's ability to pay even with a job.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by olesrus View Post
            I have talked to 3 lawyers and I keep trying to set up times to go over things and I can't get a call back. Are they that busy?

Same here, I have sent messages to two atty online and called one and left a message, little over two weeks ago. No replies yet.

So I will keep trying, it just gives me more time to save cash to pay one good one when I find one...

Comment

Originally posted by neverlearn View Post
              Same here, I have sent messages to two atty online and called one and left a message, little over two weeks ago. No replies yet.

So I will keep trying, it just gives me more time to save cash to pay one good one when I find one...
              That is NOT how to get in contact with a lawyer. You need to CALL them and schedule an appointment. If you haven't received replies from those lawyers, time to move on and call REAL lawyers. Keep in mind, attorneys are not 1-800 legal help lines. If you really want to get help, you will need to call and show up in person.
              Last edited by HHM; 09-02-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                That is NOT how to get in contact with a lawyer. You need to CALL them and schedule an appointment. If you haven't received replies from those lawyers, time to move on and call REAL lawyers.
                good...or let me reword that GREAT advise...take it...

i went to the Federal BK site and there was list that the US BK court supplied in our area...

i called and interviewed at least 6 of them before i found one that best fit our needs.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That is NOT how to get in contact with a lawyer. You need to CALL them and schedule an appointment.
                  REALLY???? You mean you don't just show up at his door with a Wal Mart bag full of bills in one hand and a foreclosure notice in the other, with 3 crying kids in tow? And no money? Appointment? What's an appointment?
                  Last edited by MSbklawyer; 09-02-2010, 09:58 AM.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I've tried contacting the attorney I used for my Chap 7 and can't get a call back or returned email.

I want to file an AP and I specifically said in my email and in the message I left with the receptionist that I was willing to PAY for a consultation. I understand that they probably get alot people wanting free advice after the discharge and i don't ecpect that. I'm will to pay for a consult.

I guess he's just too busy with Chap 7's that he doesn't want to fool with my AP case. I would have thought he would have at least had his receptionist call me back and tell something.

The funny thing is he was great with my Chap 7 case. I would recommend him to anybody. I was over the median (alot) and was worried about UST issues.

I have contacted another firm and they set up a free phone consultation for tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well.
                    Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                    Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                    341 - 2/12/2010
                    Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

That is NOT how to get in contact with a lawyer. You need to CALL them and schedule an appointment. If you haven't received replies from those lawyers, time to move on and call REAL lawyers. Keep in mind, attorneys are not 1-800 legal help lines. If you really want to get help, you will need to call and show up in person.
                      Yup that is what I am doing, even the one I left a message with did not call me back. I was not born yesterday, you get one chance with me then I move on the the next one...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X