Is my home at risk in?-- Live in Pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my home at risk in?-- Live in Pa

I havent seen much on here about what happens to your house when you file BK. I live in Pa and I am up to date on my mortgage payments just have a lot of cc debt. Anyone?

it will depend on whether you reaffirm the mortgage debt or surrender the house...what do you intend to do... and it's all relative...i see some feel 20k is a lot of cc debt while others view 250k as a lot?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

More info please, i.e. what are your intentions?
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I have a house. I'm up to date on my house and going to keep it. I have about $70,000 equity in the house. I have to use my state exemptions to exempt the equity so now I may have to pay the trustee money for my car that's paid off.

To me $30,000 is a lot of debt and that's what I have. I can't afford to pay it along with mortgage and necessities so bk for me is better than struggling to pay cc debt. My husband is not healthy and we are trying to get SSDI for him so I don't have income from him to help pay. So even though it's not a lot, just getting rid of the debt will be a big relief.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bdebtfree View Post
          I have a house. I'm up to date on my house and going to keep it. I have about $70,000 equity in the house. I have to use my state exemptions to exempt the equity so now I may have to pay the trustee money for my car that's paid off.

To me $30,000 is a lot of debt and that's what I have. I can't afford to pay it along with mortgage and necessities so bk for me is better than struggling to pay cc debt. My husband is not healthy and we are trying to get SSDI for him so I don't have income from him to help pay. So even though it's not a lot, just getting rid of the debt will be a big relief.

Back it up. You have equity in your house? Who does anymore? Lucky you, I guess???
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X