Timeline Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline Question

I am aiming to file on 10/8. My mortgage is due on 10/12 since I have to pay the attorney would it be ok if my mortgage was paid on the 22nd. Nov would be paid on the 12th. Is that going to cause a problem. If so I could pay mortgage first then file on the 22nd but with 2 court dates in the middle of Oct I would like to have filed before then so I don't have to go.

Thanks
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Don't think it'll be any problem. If you want you can even contact lender to have them note account. I delayed paying car 17 days so I could pay attorney sooner. FMC had no issue, they noted account, noted what pay date would be, done. No issue, no headache.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I'm surrendering car. I should be able to get another car after discharge, right? I'm in New York. There are so many lenders out there who cater to the other side. LOL.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Should not be an issue. You will be current as of your 341, and 10 days past due is not enough to trigger a motion to lift the stay. Even if it did - by the time the hearing was scheduled, you'd be current.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          I'm surrendering car. I should be able to get another car after discharge, right? I'm in New York. There are so many lenders out there who cater to the other side. LOL.

i would maybe talk to your atty about doing it before...only because you don't want to have to buy a car at 35% interest!!

we had two cars...one older one paid in full and the other we still owed over 18k on...we surrendered that one and kept the pd in full one of course.

but just don't get yourself into a situation that you'll be having a 1500 monthly care payment!!!

i know someone that traded "down" prior to filing in NJ....and had no problems..then she filed but still was able to get a lesser expensive car with a good interest rate.

i'm certain you can find someone that might finance you, but i would check it out sooner than later!! it's called watching your back and bank acct post bk!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X