top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may charge $5000 on a credit card for vaneers six months prior to filing, bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but 5k to 6k after insurance sounds like insurance ISN'T paying. I spent $9k on 9 veneers 5 years ago, that included the pre-work and lab fees. My cosmetic dentist is VERY well known too. BTW, I had insurance, and they wouldn't even pay a co-pay. Veneers are cosmetic as you have to have pretty healthy teeth to get them in the first place as they sit over your teeth.

There would be no difference in this or getting breast implants. You will be better off paying in cash, however, if you have to account for that $5k(which you may have to. We're only talking about 6 months. The Trustee could ask for your bank statements and such for 6 months), your Trustee might get pretty ticked that you opted for a cosmetic procedure over bills.

Personally, I'd get the "necessary" one done, then start saving money to get the others done after filing.

A word of advice, I hope your dentist is a cosmetic dentist. I've heard some pretty bad veneer horror stories where regular dentists put them in.
    I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
    Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X