Chapter 7 and removal from ChexSystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Chapter 7 and removal from ChexSystems

Has someone filed a Chapter 7 and then sent a letter to Chexsystems to be removed due to their Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? I am on Chexsystems and I have just filed a Chapter 7 which will be discharged this coming Dec. 7th 2010. If someone has done this can you tell me how and when you sent this letter? Should I wait till my Chapter 7 discharges? I just received a Chexsystems report which I requested from them. Any sites, letter examples, and suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm anxious to know this as well...I have 2 accounts in Chex Systems I listed one on our BK I did not with the other because my daughters name is on the account and we will clear that one up..However I am looking forward to once again having a checking account when this is all said and done..

Comment

My understanding is that the answer is no. Chexsystems isn't a creditor, it's just a report of issues banks have reported. the fact you discharged whatever you owed the bank doesn't alter the report, as Chex is also not a credit reporting agency.

If anyone has had luck, hopefully they can help you, but my understanding has always been that although you can try to dispute entries and hope the banks don't respond, you don't get out of chex just bc of Ch 7 discharge.

Comment

Enuff is simply wrong on this one! If you read the sticky there is one strictly on this subject. I recommend reading it! Once your BK is discharged all you need to do is fax a copy of your discharge paperwork to chex systems and they will remove the reports for you. Several people on here have done it without any problems! Provided the reports were prior to the date of discharge! Take care!
        Filed:11/2010
        341 Meeting:1/5/2011
        Discharge:3/2011

Comment

Just curious, can you use your filing of Chapter 13 to do the same thing?

Comment

You know that is a good question an I'm assuming you can, but you know what happens when you assume. I'm filing a 7 so I don't know. but I'm assuming you can! If anyone knows for you let just baby know!!!!

Comment

I filed 7 but as soon as I had paperwork showing we filed I faxed that to Chex System and 2 weeks later my report was clean. I won't be discharged until Nov. The fax number is 602-659-2197.
              FILED 8/05/2010
              REPORT OF NO DISTRIBUTION 09/14/2010
              DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 11/15/2010

Comment

Thanks Mekia2001 once I receive my paperwork I will do that too! Thanks for the INfo!

Comment

My understanding was that although they MAY delete you out, all they are REQUIRED to do is update to 0.00 balance, IIB. But they can leave previously reported, accurate information in the report. In practice they sometimes delete, but sometimes they DON'T.

I could, of course, be wrong. lol
                  Maybe one of the lawyers on the board can chime in.

Comment

Based on what previous people said on the chex systems sticky I believe once they remove it from chex systems your good to go. Chex systems is different then your credit report so it wouldn't say included in bk for that I don't think. Who knows for sure as long as they remove it does it matter!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X