One small victory! I'll take it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One small victory! I'll take it!

Just got back from court for a summary judgment in case #2. My name was never called! I asked what was going on she said the judge dismissed my case as suggestion of bankruptcy!! Woo Hoo!! This is one less judgment I'll have to fight to get off my record.

Baby steps but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel and I haven't even filed yet!

I'm so glad I sent that letter to the court house! Fingers crossed for my last court date at the end of the month for case #3 Hoping for the same outcome!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Did you already file?

Comment

No I have only retained the lawyer. I sent a letter to both the attorney and the court stating I have retained so and so in preparation of filing Chapter 7. I listed my attorney's info. I'm filing at the end of Nov.
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Congrats on your victory and much luck for the next.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Good going Freddy!!
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

That's awesome! Good on you for being proactive! Hopefully it is a sign of things to come
            Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

Great job Freddy! Was it by chance civil court vs. small claims?

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
                Great job Freddy! Was it by chance civil court vs. small claims?
                Civil Court

I have another case coming up at the end of the month. The lady I spoke with today told me it will vary by judge.

Comment

Thanks Freddy. It would seem the civil court judge didn't want to waste the courts time.

Comment

Congrats, Freddy!
                    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Well more good news for me today!

Tomorrow I have or had trial set for case #3 (Cap One) and I called the court house and they said everything was still set for tomorrow but she advised me to call the plantiffs attorney office and double check. So I called them and guess what??? Voluntary Dismissal! Woo Hoo!!

I was ready to fight this one b/c the amount on the summons was a lot lower than what the attorney's inital collection stated. Weird! So when we went to mediation I broght this up and the attorney was puzzled....LOL So I requested documents and full account of how the totals where calculated and I never received anything.

So I wonder if the BK scared them off or they just didn't have their act together - either way I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                        Just got back from court for a summary judgment in case #2. My name was never called! I asked what was going on she said the judge dismissed my case as suggestion of bankruptcy!! Woo Hoo!! This is one less judgment I'll have to fight to get off my record.

Baby steps but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel and I haven't even filed yet!

I'm so glad I sent that letter to the court house! Fingers crossed for my last court date at the end of the month for case #3 Hoping for the same outcome!
                        ahhhhhhhhhhh....i missed out on the congrats....shoot freddy our internet was down here for 6 days!!! i'm so glad it was dismissed...whoppppppppppeeeeeeeee!!!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Good for you, Freddy!
                          Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X