top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some things I learned from the lawyer I interviewed today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debee View Post
    ...And not only that, you have fibro which is an illness the existence of which cannot be proven/disproven by any medical test. It's interesting how that all worked out.
    Sorry going to disagree with you on that - although there is no specific test to give an automatic diagnosis, fibro absolutely CAN be proven by process of elimination and certain medical procedures. Ask a neurologist or a rheumatologist that is worth their weight and they'll tell you differently.

However the question I have more importantly, is what was your point in your post? It almost takes on an accusing tone, as if Wantmypeace made up her condition......? I'm here to tell you I've had fibro for the past 13 years -before it was even widely known - and it is a real condition, often followed or preceded by other conditions that affect your immune system such as Lupus. My neuro and rhumy are highly regarded in their field, respectively, given they are at Johns Hopkins, have been for years and are on the forefront for fibro. I wouldnt wish it on anyone....

I think maybe you should think before you post and see how it comes across to others.

Comment

Thanks, Pandora. I was a little taken back, also.
      Last edited by HRx; 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM.
      --------------------------------------------
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I have fibro too so I know it's real. But there's no medical test to prove whether a person has it or not. It's diagnosed by patient report. I know what my tone was because I intended it to come across exactly as it did.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Your husband's making what - 250K? 300K per year?

Comment

I looked back through my old posts, too, and I can't find where the attorney suggested I quit working for 6 months. I remember it, but I can't find it in a post. It was interesting reading through all that we've gone through in this process.

Anyway, while I was looking, I DID find that the amount I paid the attorney in 2009 was $300.00. My memory was that it was $400.00, and I know I've posted that recently, so I just wanted to correct my mistake.
            As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My husband makes Why?
              Last edited by HRx; 11-01-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Look at your posts in June.

There are only a few superintendents in the Fresno/Clovis area. Of those, how many have a family of five? Your husband wouldn't be making less than a person working under him. Superintendent income is not entirely private information.

Comment

I'm going to drop off this thread now. I just don't feel right about helping you anymore.

Comment

What are you talking about? There are about 25 superintendents in the Fresno County area. If you look on the salary list for Fresno County, you'll see that the only ones in the 250-300 range are the HUGE districts like Fresno and Clovis. There are many smaller school districts in Fresno County.

I feel like defending myself to you is forcing me to let go of some of my anonymity on this board, which makes me a little uncomfortable. It's unfortunate, but if I leave, I lose all of the valuable knowledge and support I've been getting from so many others on this board, AND it will appear that your suspicions were correct, which they aren't.

You can leave the thread, but you need to know that you are wrong about me and have accused me falsely.
                    Last edited by Wantmypeace; 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Here's what I think: I can't read all their stuff.

For me, the material point is the UST backed out the payment for the house they were surrendering. The judge backed the UST and the ch7 was dismissed.
                      This not the material point at all. If you read the opinion you would know that the judge did not back up the UST on the issue of whether the secured debt payments could be included in the means test. The judge never even ruled on that issue. The UST made two alternative arguements: Either, 1) the debtor can't use the payments on the secured debt being surrendered on the means test and therefore there is a presumption of abuse under 707(b)(2) or 2) there is abuse under 707(b)(3) due to the totality of circumstances. The schedules in the case showed the debtor had disposible income to fund a chapter 13 plan even if he did pass the means test. So the court dismissed the Chapter 7 without ever discussing whether the payments can be included on the means test.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

So, it was essentially the fact that the debtor's OWN list of expenses showed that he/she WILL have income available after the BK. It seems like very sloppy work on the part of the lawyer not to have caught this when he submitted the paperwork. I mean, it seems like he should have noticed an extra 4 or 5 hundred dollars at the end of the schedule! This is why I WILL DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING before my lawyer submits it!

Comment

I'm going to drop off this thread now. I just don't feel right about helping you anymore.
                          Thats probably the best thing for you debee. I just went back and read every single post and nowhere does it state Wantmypeace's income is 250-300K a year - you're confusing their total student loans and combined debt. Misread on your part and a huge one at that. If I'm incorrect and missed it, please feel free to post since you seem so entangled and vested in Wantmypeace's life and story on here.

I'm sorry you have fibro - however there are different degrees of the condition, so perhaps you dont have it as badly as others do. However, that is no excuse for you calling someone out on a public forum in the manner you did and it was unjustified at the very minimum. Maybe you're having a bad day - then again, maybe not - maybe your true colors just came flying through. What business is it of yours to do a "background" check on someone? Are you that concerned about them filing BK or are you concerned that someone will "get one over" on the BK Courts and you feel its your duty? Would you like my personal information so you can research my posts and life as well or do you think that perhaps you could use your time more wisely given you yourself have BK issues of your own you have yet to contend with? Last I read you were trying to find ways to "quit claim" your house to a homeless person or crack dealer...

Wantmypeace - you should never feel the need to justify anything to anyone on this forum - you know your business and I dont believe you hired anyone on this forum to assist you legally, correct? Posting questions ultimately will get you opinions from everyone, so take them with a grain of salt - to include even what I'm writing.

Comment

THANK YOU, Pandora! That made me feel SO MUCH better! I emailed a moderator and asked to have posts 17 and 21 removed, because I feel that, in trying to defend myself, I probably shared too much personal information. (It's just difficult to have your integrity called into question...) But, I want to thank you for all that you said. I appreciate all the help I get here, and I don't want people to NOT respond to my posts because I've been accused of dishonesty. I feel MUCH better about this now.

Comment

No need to thank me Wantmypeace - I felt the abrasion myself and well... I cannot stand when things are misstated, not read through as someone had written, or otherwise.

You know - I do wonder however if because you've posted such personal information, perhaps it could be someone that knows you from your / your husbands job. Something to think about....... too much information is provided sometimes in posts when the people who are doing the writing do not believe it is ;) I tell this to our daughter all the time on her Facebook account. Sometimes you just have to step outside the box and read things from a strangers perspective to see how much personal info can actually be obtained.

Good luck to you - and dont sweat the small stuff

Comment

Well, I mean, unless you specifically DECLARE your intention to give up the house... you can always elect "retain and pay" and then change your mind after your case closes. Then your house payments can definitely be included without any legal issue.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X