Surviving Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surviving Bankruptcy

When people are having a financial meltdown and realize that they are headed to bankruptcy they usually feel that they have hit rock bottom but nothing could be further from the truth. I read a really good book on this called Bankruptcy, How To Survive and Prosper, and the author says that when you file for bankruptcy, you are on your way up, not down, and she was right. Unfortunately there is so much stigma attached to bankruptcy due to people being totally ignorant of what bankruptcy is, it is usually thought of as a dirty little secret when actually it is the world's best kept secret. I thought my life was pretty much over, that I would never have anything again, like most people I thought when you go bankrupt you lose everything and are a pathetic loser, again nothing farther from the truth, since my bankruptcy I now sleep through the night without being tormented about judgments, liens and debt collectors following me around for the rest of my life, I got a second chance, businesses do it all the time, they don't seem to suffer any stigma, why should the average individual? Anyway, got the book on Amazon.com, highly recommend, it will make you feel a whole lot better, did me anyway.

My favorite part of the book was reading the names of well-known people (and companies) who have also filed bankruptcy. I didn't know about most of them prior to reading this book.
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Thanks for the info, gonna get that book. I have filed my CH7, but not had the 341 meeting yet. It felt great to file, but now I am nervous, thinking about if I missed some creditor or something. I am paranoid they will repo my van, every noise I hear at night outside, I think it is a tow truck. It is killing me! I feel much better than before I filed, but dont feel like I am headed up just yet. That will all come once I move and start my business all over again.

Comment

In this day and age, and in this economy, there is much less stigma associated with bankruptcy than there used to be. I work in financial services, and went through a thorough background check, (twice) and it wasn't an issue at all. I have been honest about it to my friends and family and nobody cares.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I got that book through Amazon.com a few months ago. Easy read and lots of good information included, it definately made me feel better after reading this book. the list of high profile people that have filed BK was very interesting and at least we're in good company! I highly recommend this if you are thinking of BK and looking for insightful information from someone who has been through it.
          Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
          Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
          DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Just got the book. Made me feel better about our situation and what lies ahead.
            10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X