top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this is how credit card hell starts. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Freedomnow! The store would only get my HOME number. . . God has my cell! LOL
    Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by Okieblue View Post
      Remember when ToysRUs would ask for your phone number, for their survey, they said. I always refused to give it. It may have been harmless, but I don't like being asked for info like that.
      A friend of mine when asked for a phone number made one up using various area codes.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by fslady View Post
        Several years ago at Christmas I was in line at Goodys to buy a sweater and I did plan to use a credit card. The clerk asked for my phone number and address, said it was required. I refused to give it to her because the credit card co. would pay Goodys and I would pay them and I had just seen a magazine article that stores would try it to get mailing list information (that was pre-email). When the clerk insisted, I asked for a manager and the manager confirmed that it was Goodys requirement. By that time the line was getting looong - it was Christmas after all. When the manager stood her ground and asked for the phone number and address - I handed them the sweater and told them I didn't want it that bad and walked out. Like DebtHater said upthread - there were other stores.
        I would have made up an address and phone number on the spot. In fact I HAVE done that in cases where there was no valid reason for them to have it.

For example, websites that insist on having an email address before they'll provide you with information. I've given the email address of "[email protected]" on many occasion.
        Don
        Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
        Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

One of my favorite phone numbers to give these stores is (123) 456-7890. If you really want to get some looks, give them (666) 666-1234.
          Filed: 6/30/2010
          341: 7/26/2010
          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

I had a change in dental plans recently and had to switch to one of those corporate dentists. I do need some work done and they hit me with a price. I tell them it will have to wait and they start pushing the payment plan handing me the credit application. I explain that the work will have to wait until I have the cash. They start giving me the department store spiel, "If you pay it back in six months there is no interest, that is the same as paying in cash." I laughed and said no thank you. They seemed very frustrated by this.

Comment

My vet has one of those plans where you get the work done now, but pay later. It seems everyone is trying to push credit on me.

As for putting back the dress....oh God.....have you ever shopped with a teenage girl? When I take my daughter out for a special occasion dress, it usually lasts 6 hours or more, she tries on 75+ dresses, we have to hit a dozen stores, and there are usually tears involved (from her, me, or both of us). I would crawl through broken glass before I put back that dress. Lol!

Comment

*facepalm*

I used to work in retail and while we always had to the the spiel once, we didn't have to shove it down people's throats. I hated even saying it once.

Luckily I usually use my bank debit card (or a walmart debit card my husband uses) and so I don't have to deal with it to often.

Comment

I have a number from this site that I use as my phone number when asked
                  http://www.humorhotlines.com/rejectionhotline.asp
                  Try one of the listed numbers out, they go to a recording (Listing the site because there are different local numbers by state)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Try one of the listed numbers out, they go to a recording (Listing the site because there are different local numbers by state)
                    OMG. . .this is funny!!!! LOL
                    Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I LOVE it!
                      Don
                      Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
                      Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X