top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit counseling class: Why are they asking my employer's name/address???!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit counseling class: Why are they asking my employer's name/address???!!!!!

I did a search to find a thread on this subject but couldn't find anything.

Ok so I'm filing Chapter 7 in a couple of weeks and I'm taking the pre-filing class online right now.

One of the screens is asking me to type in my occupation, and the name and address of my employer!!

I am afraid to type it in but I also want to be 100% honest in my answers. Why do they want my employer's name and address and phone number? Are they going to contact my employer???????

Freaking out here. Any advice/input would be appreciated.

No more than when you go to your doctor's or dentist's office and supply your name, address, phone and employer (which is always asked for also). Unless you sign some sort of agreement when you sign that form which would tell you they are going to contact your employer or check on anything, it's just a formality.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

OK, thanks Flamingo. I just got a little rattled when I saw that I had to type that in.

Am I going to be held to the financial info I'm typing in here, on the monthly cost of my laundry, groceries, gasoline? I'm just winging it and making guess-timates. I'm assuming this won't come out in court or anything like that. I haven't actually sat down with my lawyer to go over all the numbers yet.

Comment

I find it a little disturbing they would ask for employer's name and address, I would definitely not submit it and find a different provider.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Also remember that if you are paying for this service via credit card or debit card, that is also a formality with most online services when you open an account for their service and when you supply your payment information. If you still have issues with supplying any information, call the place directly and ask.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

we didnt have to provide place of employment for either the pre or post classes. I find that odd...

Comment

I did not have to list any employers with my counseling classes, either.
              Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
              New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X