Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never!

ST
    Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
    Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
    10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

Never.
      Cost me around $400 (pro see)
      Wiped out over $ 45K medical and 15K CC bills...
      Not getting call from Medical bill collector PRICELESS :-)
      BK Filed 01/14/2010, Discharged on 04/14/2010. Start rebuilding 01/01/2011.
      Turn Down By: Conns Appliance Store, Orchard Bank (IIB HSBC), Firestone Credit-CFNA
      Approve By : Capital One ( $500 Unsecured)

Comment

I regret not filing years ago. I regret denying I was in trouble long, long before I filed. If I'd filed sooner, I'd be at least halfway through, if not nearly all the way through, the time the BK will show on my credit report. However, I can't help but wonder if I'd filed sooner, if I would have learned as much as I did, having filed now.

I'm older and definitely wiser - I thought about it for two years before I finally took the plunge. It was when I was pulling my account statements for my attorney that I realized how much I may have saved, financially and emotionally, had I filed sooner. Just something I'll wonder about, but only for awhile. I'm glad I did it; I feel unshackled. Although the road ahead will be challenging, I'm looking forward to my "new" life.

Discharged 12/14/10

Comment

I regret a lot of things that have happened in the past ten years, my sometimes mindless spending, overuse of credit cards for example and many other items that lead up to my BK. However, I don't regret filing for BK at all. More and more I see that it was absolutely necessary. I am grateful for this second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            The only regret I have is not doing it a few years ago.
            I like that! That has made me feel good about wanting to file and I hope that's how I feel when I jump in.

Comment

I really like this thread because this was my major concern. REGRETS! I hate regrets. This thread has really helped me with my anxiety over filing. It's kinda making me want to run to the attorney's office..somewhat. I'll do it tomorrow for sure and thats' a promise to myself.

Comment

We regret we didn't file sooner. We wasted our savings and retirement trying to keep paying credit card accounts with ridiculous interest and penalties and in the end we are out that money and still had to file BK. Had we filed sooner we could have protected our retirement funds even with BK. Learned the hard way.
                Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

I should have filed years ago but let the bank convince me that I could pay off my debts. RIGHT. Sure did a good job of that! Although, I may have never found this forum if I'd done that then, so for that I am thankful.

Comment

I don't regret filing a BK7. The only thing I'm hoping for is employment for hubby so we can get on with our fresh start. With a long term job loss, we had no other choice. I made a smart business decision and I'm not regretting it for one moment.
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

No regrets, just a lesson learned. I will never, ever have another credit card EVER again. I don't trust myself with them. I start spazzing out when I get a medical bill for $200 in. I have to pay it off as soon as I can ~ I just don't want debt on me anymore.

Comment

I just have to add my response as well. The only regret I have is I didn't file a few years ago. I had lost a large amount of money trying to keep up with the minimum payments on my credit cards and loans. I had even tried debt management but the payments was just too high. Now, a year since discharge, I am much better off financially.
                        Filed Ch 7: 10/27/009; 341 Meeting: 11/25/09;
                        Last Day for Objections: 1/25/10; Discharged: 1/27/10; Case Closed: 2/4/10.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X