top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made the paper today...I feel like an a@@.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacey, It just has to get better. I'm relatively new to this, but like others have said here it sure beats having to live with a "mountain of debt."

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      Don't worry. You're just the talk until someone more interesting comes along. People have short memories........

Good luck and hold your head up!
      I agree. Remember, gossip is everywhere with everyone, so Lindsay Lohan steeling a necklace will come up, plus stories about someone in your work cheating on his or her wife or husband, etc. etc.

I feel for you, this really bites, but it will eventually go away.

Comment

Hey, take it from somebody who was in your shoes a year ago...a year from now, when you look at your bank account and realize there's money in it that's NOT going to a credit card company...when you have money left at the end of the month and know that you can save it, or spend it, but you do NOT have to give it to a bottomless pit of debt that never goes down no matter how much money you sink into it...when you discover that you have CONTROL over your finances, after what feels like an eternity of your money controlling YOU...

It's worth it. And you'll feel 1000 times happier than you feel miserable right now. Trust me.

Comment

Quite an eclectic mix ...

John Wayne Bobbitt
          Penectomy survivor
          I guess he wanted to "cut short" any further losses ...
          Last edited by JackBondLove; 02-10-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
            Quite an eclectic mix ...

I guess he wanted to "cut short" any further losses ...
            ROTFL! What a way to get famous!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

*rolls out red carpet*

Strike a pose people! LMAO!

Comment

Thank you all for your uplifting messages. I'm starting to feel a little better, but am being shunned by some members of my family as expected. It did hurt my feelings, but after pouring my heart out into an email for all concerned parties and telling them the hows/whys/whats, etc. I guess I'm starting to get mad that they could still be so judgmental. I'm glad everyone else is perfect.
                Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

I feel for you Jacey. We've all been there, but it's times like these you learn who truly cares about you. Sadly, those who are shunning you probably have much worse skeletons in their closets. Those types need to point to someone else's misfortune so they don't have to focus on their own problems.

Hang in there, hold your head up high knowing that you are taking control of your own life. And hold onto those friends and family who stand by you... they are the ones who truly matter.
                  A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I don't get it. Why would the phone be ringing?

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
                      I feel for you Jacey. We've all been there, but it's times like these you learn who truly cares about you. Sadly, those who are shunning you probably have much worse skeletons in their closets. Those types need to point to someone else's misfortune so they don't have to focus on their own problems.

Hang in there, hold your head up high knowing that you are taking control of your own life. And hold onto those friends and family who stand by you... they are the ones who truly matter.
                      I second that discombob..and also onwards!!!!
                      you're gonna be ok Jacey..this is where you will see who really cares about you.
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

The phone rings because people read about my filing in the paper and call.
                        Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
                          And anybody who calls for any reason but to offer support should be ashamed of him/herself. In this day and age you are far from alone. People should leave their judgments at the door.
                          A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
                            But, but... do you mean like, random people? or friends and family?

/confused/

Comment

Jacey, sorry to read that you're going through this. Crazy how people all the sudden become busy bodies and want to know what you're going through after they see your name in the paper. Where were they before you filed? Were they bringing over food, trying to help you in any way? I would hang up on these people, and I certainly wouldn't send out an email to any one I know "defending" why I filed bankruptcy. Your patience and grace towards these people is admirable, but don't feel like you're a crook, or a bad person in any way. I can understand the small town mentality because I live in one, but that does not give them the right to get in your business, unless they're bringing over a casserole or some cash. That's just my opinion....
                              Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

jacey,

I am about to file and that is one of my biggest fears. how many days was it in the paper for? just one or multiple days? which paper was it in? i live in NY and need to know what papers and what section is it in before i decide to do this or not. Please let me know

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X