top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need to speak hypothetically with your BK attorney? or can u speak freely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, if someone came into my office and gave me a "disclaimer" about some hypothetical situation, I would probably show them out. They obviously aren't interested in discussing THEIR case with me and as such, I wouldn't want my time wasted. An hour of time for a free consultation that I make no money on only to sit around chatting with someone in hypotheticals isn't going to do either of us any good. Chances are, he'll take any advice I give out, do it, then go to another attorney to discuss his actual case when he's ready.
    Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

I feel like we are discussing a murder defense.....lol.

Ok here is what I think might work for you and I do this right now myself because I have found that each attorney has a slightly different opinion and approach to my situation. There are many many Bk attorneys( and not to waste any ones time) but since we are the consumers and are paying and choosing the one who fits our needs and personality best and the person you are most comfortable working with( that was a run on sentence). I think you should call around. Many will over advice on the phone. They dont know who you are and visa vera. This feels very discrete and private. Than you can ask them your questions and discuss the true issues. You NEED to know the true answers to your situation, Call and ask a bunch of them if you have to. I do. Today I spoke to one who basically said he wouldnt take my case cuz it may be discharged due to fraud. He said I need to pay my cards off for at least a year and create more time before filing. He said that if the only income is $1000 a month from soc security and the debt is over 50k he didnt see that as a legit case and it would raise concern. Ok thats him. Others have said pay for 6 months. Others say its no problem. Point is get lots of advice but do it on the phone. They dont care who you are. And yes BE HONEST because you cant really manipulate facts that have a paper trail. You can only modify the past so much but you can play your cards right for the next 6-12 months til you file. So get good advice but be honest about all the bad crap that you did so far...........I am dealing with my crap as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Babybear View Post
        I feel like we are discussing a murder defense.....lol.

Ok here is what I think might work for you and I do this right now myself because I have found that each attorney has a slightly different opinion and approach to my situation. There are many many Bk attorneys( and not to waste any ones time) but since we are the consumers and are paying and choosing the one who fits our needs and personality best and the person you are most comfortable working with( that was a run on sentence). I think you should call around. Many will over advice on the phone. They dont know who you are and visa vera. This feels very discrete and private. Than you can ask them your questions and discuss the true issues. You NEED to know the true answers to your situation, Call and ask a bunch of them if you have to. I do. Today I spoke to one who basically said he wouldnt take my case cuz it may be discharged due to fraud. He said I need to pay my cards off for at least a year and create more time before filing. He said that if the only income is $1000 a month from soc security and the debt is over 50k he didnt see that as a legit case and it would raise concern. Ok thats him. Others have said pay for 6 months. Others say its no problem. Point is get lots of advice but do it on the phone. They dont care who you are. And yes BE HONEST because you cant really manipulate facts that have a paper trail. You can only modify the past so much but you can play your cards right for the next 6-12 months til you file. So get good advice but be honest about all the bad crap that you did so far...........I am dealing with my crap as we speak.
        Thank you Babybear for the advice. I prefer to see my lawyer face to face but I think that is great idea to pre-qualify by calling around and talking to different ones to see who I would be most comfortable and find as a best match fit for me (sharp, attentive to details with my case, etc). (Although I think I have found a good match for me).

And yes I will tell my lawyer everything in regards to my case although I had always planned to do that originally.. the question was just how I will talk to him with certain things. although I think I have found the solution but I will post it once I know for sure.

PS good luck with your own case

Comment

I think you should call around. Many will over advice on the phone.
          There is a catch 22 here, most of the really good attorneys won't do phone consults.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X