04 Car Repo'd Today - YEah !!! 30 phone calls a day & Laid Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound like that too me....

however, i was giving you an example of a reach....it says it's current, but if i were you...go the "next" step.....

the best favor you can do for your family.......is go to FREE atty consults.......we went to 5 before we hired an atty.

free cost you nothing!! but i think Texas is pretty liberal with it's exemptions...some of the most favorable i have visited...not like where we came from nj...which was known as a "creditor" friendly state.
    Last edited by tobee43; 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

double post!!!!!!! sorry.....
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Texian View Post
        Hi ya Chicagoannie,

Thanks for the encouragement ... It was a no win situation for sure we already paid 21k into the suv....still owe 10k bought it in 06 used for 14900 ..yes at subprime interest(needed to downsize from a excursion)

Gosh ..i could go for a portillos hotdog about right now (bigsmile)
        Portillos - yummy! You are either a former Illinoisan or have spent some time here. We have a Portillos nearby and it is a favorite "splurge" destination for me and my kids when I have a few extra dollars!

As for your SUV - sounds like it was so far underwater it was at the bottom of the ocean!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by Texian View Post
          Thanks Tobee.... I need some support I guess... I have a beater-98mazda I hope it makes it to get kids to school and grocery's for awhile at least till I can find a job. I was in HR till Sept 21.... (made 64k) now I am at 15k on Unemployment... My home ..I am behind on mortgage but making payments ... I have thrown my hands up ..now bk is what I am left with ..the old stuff will not go away either!!!!
          You did what you had to do. You can only go deeper and deeper in debt until you can't squeeze out another dime. At least you have a backup vehicle. People always tell me, "that bk will stay on your record or that foreclosure will haunt you for the rest of your life". Well what other alternative is there? To rob a bank??? You have to survive and deal with the negatives later. You take one day at a time and try to slowly improve your life day by day.

I understand losing your job. I have been out of work for 2 years. Nobody is hiring me. I even went back to college full time and finished my degree and still it hasn't helped me find a job. What else can I do? I sell every item I possibly can, even selling items my family no longer wants (I go over to their house and haul the items away and sell them to make a few extra bucks).

Good luck and hang in there.

Comment

Tobee i agree i went to 3 attorneys before i felt good with the one i have now tobee my problem is i have to wait till may to file that is what my attorney said and i am a little scared because i have a judgement from a phone book advertiser i was with for 10 yrs and i could not pay the last yr ad payment economy was to bad and i could only pay my house and work van payment all i have asset wise is plumbing van and house thats it i still owe 3400 on van and it is only worth 4k maybe if lucky my house is upside down big time, so if creditor take me to a hearing of assets i dont really think they can do anything really i have a few tools of trade but only exempt amount about 2k or so but i still scared tobee i hope they dont take my house goods i dont have much but would hurt family if they did hell i had to give back 2 cars my harley a back hoe everything tobee just running out of hope anymore

Comment

i hear you plumbingbg!

and i understand what you're going thu....we had to wait 2 YEARS before we were able to file....it was scary and it was hard...we actually went "underground"......we blocked phone numbers....left our home after 33 years and left no forwarding address....we had to do a few motions to vacate judgments we had after our bk was discharged.

hang in there! and stick on the site for support...we are all here to help and most have been through it and really do understand how difficult this can ...be...promise..you'll be fine!

Comment

pORTILLOS IS THE BEST !!!!!!! husband and I went there(Chicago) in 07 for St Pattys (our only 4 day vacation in 11 yrs) we still talk about it to this day .... we ate and ate !!!!

the suv is more than likely already on its way to Cancun by now ... I have not heard a peep from them (americredit) my phone is only ringing for medical collections now

Comment

Hi Texian:

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the list of state exemptions that might be a little easier to read:

I think you are safe with the Homestead Exemption as long as you have filed it. If you are a long-term resident, this probably has become an automatic renewal as it is in Florida. If you are fairly new to the state, there probably is a period of two or three years--as in Florida--where you have to fill out the card and mail it in, before it becomes automatic.

Texas is indeed a more 'bk-friendly' state than Florida. We became an Asset Case, because we could not exempt all of our possessions. The personal property exemption is sorely lacking. Nor is there a 'Tools of the Trade' in Florida. Both of us are webmasters, and 'Hub (AngelinaCatHub--you will meet him soon) is a computer consultant. So we have a network and several computers on it for testing purposes. We could not exempt any of that.

Good luck to you and the DH and family.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X