top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter from my attorney's firm, post discharge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Thanks, Vic! My attorney was great through the process, but I couldn't stand his boss or his staff, and he knows it, too. LOL. Before I bug him again, I just wanted to see what "the vets" have experienced with pulling the credit report, post discharge.

    Leave a comment:


  • vicmost
    replied
    Congrats on the discharge!
    It's nice to see an attorney follow up after the fact. It makes excellent business sense too!

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    started a topic Letter from my attorney's firm, post discharge

    Letter from my attorney's firm, post discharge

    Hi Everyone - My attorney's boss, the head of the firm, sent me her congrats form letter and I thought I would share:

    Dear Broke,

    Congratulations on receiving your discharge. I hope this will give you the fresh start you deserve.

    Please order a new copy of your credit report to make sure that all the creditors have now marked their debt as "discharged". If they have not, please call me as you may have a claim against them under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

    My job is to protect your discharge. If any of the creditors whose debts have been discharge (sic) contact you again, please call my office, as they have violated the law and we can sue them for damages.

    I welcome the opportunity to help your friends and family members. If you know of anyone who may need my help, please pass along my card and phone number, I promise to treat your referrals with professionalism and respect.

    Very yours truly, (sic)
    I'll see if I can get my attorney to answer this since this form letter didn't, but how long after the discharge should I wait before I pull the credit report to check? Is 90 days, good?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X