top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter from my attorney's firm, post discharge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Thanks, all, for the input. I'll pull it in a month. That sounds good to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
    "I welcome the opportunity to help your friends and family members. If you know of anyone who may need my help, please pass along my card and phone number, I promise to treat your referrals with professionalism and respect."

    It's a nice letter but it reminds me of when you buy a car and right before leaving the dealership the saleman says, I will give you $50 for anyone who you send to me and buys a car from me. In other words "looking for more business" which there is nothing wrong with that.
    LOL, Dylan. Actually, my attorney's boss didn't have that creepy look, and fortunately her office didn't smell like liquor. LOL. She kind of reminded me of a librarian. She is an intelligent person, but just not people oriented at all. That letter is her to a tee...dry, and flat with no warmth.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunshineGal
    replied
    I would wait a full 30 days to pull your credit, just because some lenders only report once a month.

    Congrats!

    Leave a comment:


  • DYLAN150
    replied
    "I welcome the opportunity to help your friends and family members. If you know of anyone who may need my help, please pass along my card and phone number, I promise to treat your referrals with professionalism and respect."

    It's a nice letter but it reminds me of when you buy a car and right before leaving the dealership the saleman says, I will give you $50 for anyone who you send to me and buys a car from me. In other words "looking for more business" which there is nothing wrong with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    That's good advice, too, AC. I also pulled the PDF from PACER, showing the certificate of service that evidences everyone to whom they mailed notices. I should tatoo that one to my chest! LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • AngelinaCat
    replied
    Make several copies, front and back of the official notice that comes in the mail. That will come in handy when debts get sold and some collection agency 'comes a'knockin''. We just got one today about a debt that I thought we had killed and buried. It is a 'Zombie Debt'. Look that thread up.

    I guess I am going to have to go into the graveyard of our BK paperwork, and make a stake of it and pierce this guy's heart. LOL

    Seriously, someone asked not too long ago, "when can I shred all of my BK paperwork and get rid of it?"
    My answer, and I truly mean this: "NEVER, NEVER, ever; not EVER." As in: "Do not let the notion EVEN think about taking up particles in your brain... "

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    That's good to know Panda...Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Thanks, AC. I'm going to take the cash-only route, too, but I just want to make sure the past is put in the past, and I don't want to incur extra charges pulling a look at the credit reports too many times.

    Leave a comment:


  • panda
    replied
    Just another thought to throw in, we were discharged on the 15th, which was last week and Equifax had alerts showing the next day, but only for them, Tran Unions and Experian have not thrown up any alerts, so as far as I know they have not been updated yet. That is one nice thing about the free Equifax alerts for my husband, the alerts show any changes in the three agencies so we know when something has changed.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Thanks, Panda and HHM. Panda, good luck with your move!

    I have continued to receive collection calls and letters throughout my BK from a hospital where I had two surgeries pre-BK. When I told them I had filed and called to inform them of the BK, they advised they would note my file, but would continue to send me notices until the discharge. If they contact me again, now post BK, I will sig my lawyer after them.

    Leave a comment:


  • AngelinaCat
    replied
    Give it two or three weeks, then pull it and see what it says. Then after that, I would let it go about a month or two, and then see what it says. If you need to make corrections, then start the process.

    Honestly, 'Hub and I have not pulled our credit reports since just after filing. That would have been around Jan. 2008, as we are considering ourselves 'cash only' people.

    Leave a comment:


  • HHM
    replied
    About a month or so.

    But if you pull one now, it won't hurt. Most credit reports are updated within weeks of filing BK.
    Last edited by HHM; 02-23-2011, 05:03 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • panda
    replied
    Well, I had pulled mine before filing and before discharge. I will pull again next month and my husband has free equifax alerts so we know when things change. So far almost everything is right with equifax, experian was ok, transunion was ok on mine but was not on my husbands, so we disputed and those so far have been ok.

    The only reason I even give two hoots about any of this is the fact we will be moving from our home in May and need to be able to rent. We are moving out of Hawaii to Washington, so I want to try and do my best to have things cleaned up as much as possible before moving.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrokeinMD
    replied
    Thanks, AC, but her incompetent staff didn't include any business cards! LOL! Anyhow....how long should I wait to pull a credit report?

    Leave a comment:


  • AngelinaCat
    replied
    WoW, what a nice letter to have gotten, even if it IS a form letter. It is nice to know that there are nice, professional, knowledgeable attorneys out there who care enough to have their staff compose and mail-merge such a letter. Though you know it is a form letter, it does give you warm and fuzzy happy feelings.

    Congratulations!!!

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X