Interesting maneuver by my credit union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olivies View Post
    I wonder, if you pay off the debt despite it being discharged, how can or will they report it to credit bureaus?
    IIB / Discharged in Bankruptcy.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by nceguyfromne View Post
      ... I think I'm going to stop paying it just to prove a point. It's only $200 but it's a discharged $200 that I don't have to pay.

I'll just be careful to stay current on my auto loans. A few more months and these will be paid off and we will no longer be slaves to our automobiles!
      I still think you need to look into your cross collateralization clauses. You reaffirmed the cars which could mean that you will end up paying for that credit card anyway or they may withhold the titles to your cars.

Comment

I agree with Pandora, sounds like there are probably cross-collateralization issues with these loans, I'm surprised your attorney and/or Credit Union didn't bring this up.
        Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

I think most financial institutions would be required to charge off an unsecured debt when you file BK, regardless of whether you pay it back or not.
          So in spite of good intentions, I wouldn't look forward to doing any new business with them.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X