top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 or try to somehow find a way to get into a 7??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of great responses on here, but I'll just add that you need to be very wary of any transactions you are doing before filing for bankruptcy. Going out and purchasing a new vehicle does not look good to a Trustee. If it is deemed a "luxury" vehicle, the Trustee may object to your keeping it. Again, you need to find a good attorney that will sit down with you and help you formulate a plan of attack for your case.
    Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

BKattyMI - this is my question (which admittedly I've also posted elsewhere) my spouse's and my car paymetns - which we've had for about 3 years and have another 2-3 years to go are 1252 together which is about $260 over teh IRS max. My car is by NO means a luxury sedan...it's a chevy - base model malibu. Nothing exciting.

Spouse's is a chevy SUV (not the HUGE star destroyer) why? Because we are both over 6' tall, my son is almost as tall as me, and so is my other kid!

So SUV is so that we can actually all fit into the same vehicle. Is this a problem?

In my area there is NO ZERO NONE public transport - so no car=no job=no money; our credit is shot, we've really no savings (hence bankruptcy!!) no equity in the cars (which is normal), so in a Ch13, which is where we seem to be heading, why is that a problem??? Or that up to our (hope) good atty to "take care of??"

Comment

I am closing this thread down, it has basically morphed into the same conversation going on here

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...g-car-question...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X