To File or not to File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question To File or not to File?

I would greatly appreciate any advice on my situation: Condo foreclosed on and sold at auction 3/2/11 (possible deficiency judgment of $30k down the road), 8k CC debt, unemployed/underemployed last 2 years, last job was making 20k, currently unemployed, new job possible next week making 35k. Wife and I have our finances separate, she makes $45k, is not filing, has no disposable income due to $100k in student loans, etc. She pays for health insurance for my kids and I, so I bought and pay for her car and insurance. So I need to keep both cars for her and I.

An attorney advised that I file chapter 7, but I wonder if I can dig myself out and that the judgment will never come.......

get the job and relax, take your time, see several attorneys, there is no need to rush, no need to delay endlessly either, just be thoughtful and get good legal help

Comment

Thanks Chris. My concern is that if I file right now, we can probably qualify for chapter 7. If I wait, we won't.

Comment

Just file...no point in agonizing over it. There doesn't seem to be any reason to wait.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X