top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A creditor has disappeared fro my credit reports..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A creditor has disappeared fro my credit reports..

Discharged and closed over a year, One creditor has disappeared from all 3 credit reports. Strange, how many have had this happen. It was a CC. Not compaining but I found it odd.

Also a few side notes, the 2 loans I reafirmed, are both reporting pays as agreed and my 1st on the house although discharged is also reporting pays as agreed.

hi wantout. i had this happen also. the 3 cards that were associated with citi. 2 direct citi's and a sears that was backed by citi.
    Poof...after discharged and closed they were gone off all 3 reports.

I was afraid they were just hiding in the weeds waiting to spring on me...

.Someone on here told me that a cc pays to report to the big CR's and after closing a bk they just don't bother.
    I just keep scratching my head.... ouch ... it's starting to hurt. LOL
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks. I figure well if theya re not on their reporting me as BK then they cant really hurt me...

Comment

Creditors may disappear and reappear on your credit reports for several months or longer after your discharge, especially if you are in the process of cleaning up and disputing information. Don't be surprised if they reappear sometime in the future. If you recently disputed information, the CRA removes creditors from reports for 45 days while a dispute is being investigated and sometimes they just do not reappear but show up much later. I've gone through all that and it took a few years to get it all straightened out. It really doesn't matter anyway because a BK will show on one's Credit Reports by other creditors and also in the informational/record section of the credit report as to what Chapter was filed, when, etc.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I pulled my reports after I was closed and this one creditor has disappeared. That was a little over ayear ago....so who knows.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X