top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if I posted this in the right place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I posted this in the right place...

Our BK7 was discharged last month, and we're just waiting on foreclosure of our house now. I was looking on the county recorder's site to see if a notice of default has been filed for our house yet (it hasn't), but I noticed that three times in 2005 and once in 2004, there is a a "Request for copy of notice of default" listed. We NEVER missed a payment or were anywhere near default at any time in the 15 years we've had our home until this year. Does anyone know why this would be listed?
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Was the request made by a junior lien holder such as a 2nd mortgage (HELOC)? If "yes" such is not unusual. The junior just wants notification if the senior begins taking steps to foreclose. Not a big deal. As to the number of times a request was made, either the junior lien changed hands (sold to a new company or new servicer, or you refinanced, or you took out another loan, or the lender simply forgot it had already requested notice and duplicated the request. Again, not a big deal.

Des.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Pacer doesn't show who actually made the request, unfortunately.

What's weird is that this is YEARS before we ever had any missed payments with anyone, so it doesn't make sense that anyone would be looking to be notified. Very odd...
      --------------------------------------------
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X