Beware of USPS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of USPS!!!

Ok - I hope this is in the right place...for those of you who send Ch 13 payments to the PO Box in Memphis TN, do NOT be like me!

First, our first payment was missent by USPS and delivered a day late (not late for receipt just a day later than it should have been).

Ok - my second payment I sent just plain priority mail, but like an IDIOT, I opted for signature confirmation for receipt...

Weeeelllllll....USPS "attempted deliver" to SunTrust's lockbox (who runs this for the trustees) at 11:19PM last night...of course there was "no one" there. They left a notice.

I hope when SunTrust picks up their mail today that their mail person will take the time to get their notice and my payment...

I mean I can't be the only one who ever sent anything requiring a signature to that PO Box.

Lesson learned? Send just via regular priority mail - it gets you proof of delivery.

Now I have to sweat this all over again. I can have it "redelivered" on Monday if they don't pick it up today.

USPS Customer Service is a joke - it's worse than useless.

Oh well...just Venting.

Oh - and by the way - my 2nd post petition mortgage payment the post office in Illinois where my mort lender shares the post office with Toyota Motor Credit - you guessed it- my payment was delivered to Toyota AND cashed by Toyota!!!

Thank God for my small bank - they got my money by in 24 hours so that I could phone in payment to mort co. Which is what I'm doing from now on. Just calling mort co on the 1st and making a payment by phone.

Thanks for listening!

Does your bank have bill pay? That's how I intend to pay my mortgage once Wells Fargo shuts down my online acct. So far, they are letting me in but sure that will stop. Can your trustee payments be taken automatically from your account? I know some do that.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Hello sunshinepa - in my district the norm is by wage deduction - BUT since my spouse doesn't make enough - both of our incomes are needed for the 13, we have to pay it outselves, which is GOOD!!! Billpay - yes, they do, but it's outsourced, so I don't have a good feel as to where and how long they take to send.

I'm just an idiot...from now on, no signature needed!!! But I mean come on - Surely they occasionally get return receipt requested stuff at the lockbox, right???

Comment

Never mind! Mail delivered it shows on www.usps.gov website.

Sorry everyone - I had to vent...otherwise I'd have to pull my hair out.

Oh wait - I don't have any left.

I must ask Frogger for a dram of his whiskey!!! :-)

Comment

Additionally, I believe that the Region 21 Trustee requires Chapter 13 payments to be made by certified funds. That means no "billpay" for those. Always check with our attorney or Chapter 13 Standing Trustee to see if they will accept "personal" checks. (A billpay check is a "personal" check.)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Venting is cool, we all do that here.

With all you have going on these days, Frogger should give ya a bottle! If he won't, just let me know, I will!!!!
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Never mind! Mail delivered it shows on www.usps.gov website.

Sorry everyone - I had to vent...otherwise I'd have to pull my hair out.

Oh wait - I don't have any left.

I must ask Frogger for a dram of his whiskey!!! :-)
              And he would be happy to share. As long as you were not asking for the JD Single Barrel, or the Four Roses Small Batch, or the Dickel Single Barrel Reserve. Sometimes you just got to be a little greedy.

By the way, our local post office run out of stamps this week......
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks sunshinepa!!!!! and Justbroke!!!!!!

Justbroke, I send my first with a cashiers check - BUT I read the book that the CH 13 trustee gave out to us and it says CHECKS or Money Order NO CASH, NO CREDIT CARDS (really)

So it says checks, and my spouse said at the hearing they said checks were ok...I mean it's on paper from the Trustee's "handbook" that he gave out to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  And he would be happy to share. As long as you were not asking for the JD Single Barrel, or the Four Roses Small Batch, or the Dickel Single Barrel Reserve. Sometimes you just got to be a little greedy.

By the way, our local post office run out of stamps this week......
                  Too funny! I suppose any alcoholic beverage would be good right now!!!

Comment

Too funny! I suppose any alcoholic beverage would be good right now!!!
                    It's 5:00 somewhere.........
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I like to think you live somewhere in the Florida Keys :-)

Comment

Justbroke, I send my first with a cashiers check - BUT I read the book that the CH 13 trustee gave out to us and it says CHECKS or Money Order NO CASH, NO CREDIT CARDS (really)

So it says checks, and my spouse said at the hearing they said checks were ok...I mean it's on paper from the Trustee's "handbook" that he gave out to everyone.
                        Yup... that's all I wanted you to confirm! Many Trustee's don't like personal checks because they actually get BOUNCED checks (believe it or not).
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks very much again!!!!!! Yeah, part of me wanted to sent money order just in case - but my commute is so ridiculous that I really can't get around on weekdays...

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          Yup... that's all I wanted you to confirm! Many Trustee's don't like personal checks because they actually get BOUNCED checks (believe it or not).

Comment

First class mail, it's the best deal going.
                            Signature confirmation? Yes for ebay sales, no for trustee payments.
                            Priority mail is "the same" as first class if I recall correctly.
                            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                              First class mail, it's the best deal going.
                              Signature confirmation? Yes for ebay sales, no for trustee payments.
                              Priority mail is "the same" as first class if I recall correctly.
                              Right again - I like regular Priority Mail because it gives you tracking - but no more signatures for me!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X