Call them back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call them back?

Rec'd our first call from SLS (3 weeks after first missed payment) regarding the missed 2nd mtg payment on our rental. Used google voice (thank you!) and they of course said it was important and we needed to call today. We did not call back and wondering at what point do we call them? If we make that call this early in the game what do we tell them besides there is no money?

I ignored all calls until I was 2 weeks away from filing (the attorney was paid and all the paperwork was completed and signed), then I called them and let them know that I was filing. And the calls stopped.

Comment

yes, ingore the calls, which is OMP.....they will stop ONLY once you have actually filed. best of luck to you!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
        I ignored all calls until I was 2 weeks away from filing (the attorney was paid and all the paperwork was completed and signed), then I called them and let them know that I was filing. And the calls stopped.
        I agree with all above and if you call them back, tell them the truth, they care less, but they could also alert others such as first mortgage. If you are broke, join the club. WE BE BROKE. We are here and recovering, you are here now for the reasons we came here. It does get better. You are responsible for your own decisions, but we do have experiences that can help. So, my two sense. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you all, I feel like I am in good company with good people! Thank you for helping so many of us that are just starting and putting things in order, this is a strange road we travel down but its a little easier when you travel with friends.

Comment

I answered one call in 10 months, it was more stressful than just ignoring them. The guy wanted me to sell my couch......LOL, what a nightmare. Just make sure that your identified so that they don't start calling family and friends. I never had that happen because I clearly identified myself but I know others here have had it happen.

Just let the voicemail get their calls because they will surely upset you more than answering.

Good luck!
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

They are calling now calling several times a day, gotta love google voice! So far they are only leaving one message a day but calling about 3 or 4 times. We are not even 30 days late on this one yet! Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
                They are calling now calling several times a day, gotta love google voice! So far they are only leaving one message a day but calling about 3 or 4 times. We are not even 30 days late on this one yet! Yikes!
                As someone once said...........you ain't seen nothing yet, LOL. I was getting up to 30 calls a day towards the end. There is light at the end of the tunnel, don't let the calls upset you. Just think of the relief you will feel when it's all over and you have a fresh start!!!
                Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                341 5/23/11
                DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X