First 30 day late hit in awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 30 day late hit in awhile

I got an e-mail from Equifax that my score and an account changed. It's my first 30 day late. I haven't checked the new score as it really doesn't matter anymore. I can't change what is going to happen, but it is a little sad.

Oh well, life will go on. Spent a wonderful weekend with my wife and kids and we had a great time. That is really what matters to me at this point.

If we can get through one of the hardest times in our lives that happened a little over 2 years ago (long story, not for here) then we can get through this!

I recommend just turning off the credit monitoring and don't even look at your reports again until 60 days after you are discharged.

Comment

Thanks. I think I will do that. I took a look this morning and the late dropped my score 100 points. Like I said, I don't care anymore. It's depressing in a way and sad, but what can I do?

I look at it this way. When I file, I can't go much lower than where I am at now.

Comment

tmkats.......good outlook, dont' worry about the score. It should not define us. Family, friends and good health should be the most important things in life!!
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11
        DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

FIRST 30-day late?! I haven't made a payment on any unsecured debts since March of 2009 and frankly I couldn't be happier. Having a dismal credit score and lots of collections has actually given me leverage, especially with regard to hospital/medical bills. Besides, I don't have any money to pay toward these debts even if I wanted to--I am now a full-time student. Hopefully by the time I graduate, everything will be past SOL and no lawsuits filed!

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
            FIRST 30-day late?! I haven't made a payment on any unsecured debts since March of 2009 and frankly I couldn't be happier. Having a dismal credit score and lots of collections has actually given me leverage, especially with regard to hospital/medical bills. Besides, I don't have any money to pay toward these debts even if I wanted to--I am now a full-time student. Hopefully by the time I graduate, everything will be past SOL and no lawsuits filed!
            ]

I realize it is my first and it doesn't seem like a lot since there are people on here who have tons, but I've had perfect payment history for many years now and something like this is, well, just discouraging. I just wanted to let it out, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by tmkats View Post
              ]

I realize it is my first and it doesn't seem like a lot since there are people on here who have tons, but I've had perfect payment history for many years now and something like this is, well, just discouraging. I just wanted to let it out, that's all.
              You are not the only person who felt that way when they missed the 1st pymt. I was never late for anything from the age of 18 to 59 and really cried the first missed one. It's ok to let it out, this forum is not only for information but to provide support as we travel this journey. It will get easier and once you are filed, things will look so much better.

Just an FYI, I just stopped paying for my monthly scores and am glad. I figure once I am thru this (hopefully being discharged FRI) I can wait 60 days and then get the reports at less than I was paying for a quarterly update each month.

Good luck and keep posting, lots of support here!!!
              Filed CH 7 4/15/11
              341 5/23/11
              DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I couldn't agree more, in February 2010 my attorney told me to stop paying my credit cards. I was like, "WHAT?!!?!?!?" It felt so weird not to send in those minimum payments... before that I had NEVER missed a payment on ANYTHING. I have to say now, however, I don't really care :P
                4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
                6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by nsupanda View Post
                  I couldn't agree more, in February 2010 my attorney told me to stop paying my credit cards. I was like, "WHAT?!!?!?!?" It felt so weird not to send in those minimum payments... before that I had NEVER missed a payment on ANYTHING. I have to say now, however, I don't really care :P
                  Yup, just how I feel. Sorry you weren't able to do a 7 and have such a big payment, but I'm sure you will make it through. I actually got a call from Captial One yesterday and told them to talk to my lawyer. They said if they don't hear that the bankruptcy was filed in 30 days they will keep calling to collect. I laughed at them and said good luck, my lawyer will have fun with you. They even had the nerve to ask me to have my laywer call them. I almost fell on the floor when I heard that one. Then they promptly hung up on me.

This is going to be an interesting 6 months. Especially with Cap One it seems.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X