top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? Has anyone had to go on "meds" during this process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take a combo of Lexapro and Wellbutrin, with Ativan as my panic attack drug. I CANNOT take Xanax. I will fall asleep in five minutes.
    I take Ambien to sleep and if I had not had it for the last six months, I would be a ZOMBIE because I would wake up 15 times a night with bills, bills, and more bills swirling in my head.
    Talking about stress being a killer - 10 years ago, my DH, who had been a master mechanic for all his life, was promoted to service manager over the truck shop. He ran it for about 3 years, hated it, and told them he wanted to go back out in the shop - he said if he was going to die on the job, it was damned sure not going to be while he was behind a desk - he went back out in the shop and 4 years ago, it nearly killed him - he had a cerebral stroke - all the years of info and numbers buried in his head for all those years - GONE. He has trouble telling time now. STRESS KILLS. Take care Old......

Comment

Stress most certainly DOES kill. And if you feel that you need something to help you control it, go for it.

Not my cup of tea - any of the prescription drugs - but I accept they work well for other people and hopefully they'll work for you.

Good luck.
      No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Thanks MDL!!! I've made my decision...gotta do something here.

Comment

Thanks as always shark - thing is, when you literally can't breath or think straight, something's gotta give.

Comment

Originally posted by confusedinok View Post
            I actually started taking anxiety meds shortly after my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer almost 2 years ago. I had just had my 7th baby (3 days before) and was her main caretaker too. Oh..and I'm a homeschooling mom. It was a little much for me all at once. I've continued to take them off and on as we ride this cancer rollercoaster. I think that experience has helped me with the BK tremendously. I'd have been a basketcase about BK before the other stuff. Now, BK is actually one of the easier things I've done lately. BTW, I'll keep my meds in the cupboard, right where I know they are when I need one.
            confusedinok - my mil was dx'd with brain cancer 2 years ago, too. GBM. She is actually doing well (we did not expect her to still be here); I hope your mom is doing ok. And I am bowing down to you - SEVEN kids and you homeschool?! Amazing - you must have the patience of a saint!
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Thanks MDL!!! I've made my decision...gotta do something here.
              checking in late here, IamOld. I think you should give the meds a try, too. I can't remember if you are still with your wife but be sure to have your doctor monitor you closely especially if you are living on you own right now. Good luck! You'll get through this, I promise.
              Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
              New Job 7-2011

Comment

Everyone responds to extreme stress differently, some can handle it with no physical consequences, others need help. I have hypertension and have been on BP meds for years (runs in my family), but our BK definately affected me. Even though normally I am on BP meds, my BP went up from all the stress associated with the BK. I also have Ativan if I need it and thought I would take it if need be for our 341 meeting. Surprisingly, after just filing for BK I felt very calm and did not need to take Ativan for the meeting, actually that was the calmest I had felt for a couple of years. But if you need something short term, then you should not feel guilty at all. Your health is more important than anything really, because the alternative is not so good!
                Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X