• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    toooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a collection of tin foil hats for every occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
      thats about the most ignorant statement I've seen yet on this forum

I HAVE A FB account and I am most certainly NOT uneducated in anything, thank you. Do I post my life story? No.. Do I post personal information other than my name? No... Do I post stupid msgs for the world to see? No.... I have a FB acct to keep in touch with my daughter's life / going's on since she lives out of state. Even if she lived IN STATE I'd still have one....

If you dont have kids, then you have no earthly idea why a parent would have a FB account; please refrain from generalizations like that above until you actually know a person.

ETA: as far as creditors trying to find you - it makes no difference if one has a FB account or not - they will find you regardless; the bigger issue is why hide?
      Maybe I was harsh, but I just don't like the idea of giving out information for all to see.

I see your point, but I don't agree with it.

You could always keep in touch with others with a phone call or email, right?

Besides, I was just throwing something out there to get to 500 posts anyway, so sorry if you thought I was rude!

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
        Besides, I was just throwing something out there to get to 500 posts anyway, so sorry if you thought I was rude!
        LOL - ooohhh is that why?

Yes we do email / phone however unless you're a parent of a teenager and/or getting ready to turn 21 year old - there are some things that they will not tell you ;) therefore, FB is the next viable alternative to finding out how they really are doing / feeling. It's not spying because for us at least, our daughter knows we are on her page (her choice), and its nice to see pictures of her too You have to think back to when you were that young (or maybe you still are?) to that all important "Nothing's wrong...really Mom..." when, as a mother, you know there is a certain tone that your child cant hide from you that says something is most definitely wrong.

I do agree with you on giving out information on FB - every time I see a kids' page that has every single bit of info / where-abouts to the minute on it... I cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
          Maybe I was harsh, but I just don't like the idea of giving out information for all to see.

I see your point, but I don't agree with it.

You could always keep in touch with others with a phone call or email, right?

As long as you know and use the security settings, Facebook is a valuable way to keep in touch with distant friends and family. I don't add anyone I don't personally know and nothing on my page other than my name and one photo are visible to the general public...
          Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
          341 Hearing 1/12/12
          Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X