HELP/Re-start/New Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question HELP/Re-start/New Place

Here is my delema. I filed Chapter 13 in April of 2010. I was living with my parents after a recent seperation from my husband. I am now living with a couple and renting a room from them. I am ready to re-start my life in my own place. I cant afford the deposits on a house. I can afford the rent, but coming up with the deposit is the problem. I want to get an apartment. Something that i can afford the deposit on and dont have to worry about a water bill, trash pick-up, ground maintence. Nobody will give me a chance b/c of the Chptr 13. But yet if I had a chptr 7, its easier. Can sombody please help me figure out what to do? How do I get around this problem?

Move back in with your parents. Save up six months' rent and use that as your deposit. Seriously, money talks for all of us post bkers when it comes to renting.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I would love to move back in with my parents, unfortuneately, my dad and I are not currently getting along. We had a bad falling out at Christmas, which is why I moved out. I wish I could.

Comment

Oh boy, so sorry to hear. Maybe this will give you an opportunity to mend your relationship with your father. Best of luck.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

The alternative is staying where you are until you have all the money you need. I know you want to move on but sometimes it is prudent to wait. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by runt026 View Post
            I would love to move back in with my parents, unfortuneately, my dad and I are not currently getting along. We had a bad falling out at Christmas, which is why I moved out. I wish I could.
            Best advice I can give you is.... sit down with your father and have a heart to heart, apologize - regardless of WHO started it - and enjoy the time you have in this life, while you can. I'm sure both of you have said things to the other that in the heat of the moment, were out of anger. Dont leave it that way, you'll regret it. Life happens, and each day we wake up is one more day to let those around us know that regardless of their faults (or ours) - love is unconditional. You dont want to get a call one day saying something has happened / terminal illness / whatever and then try to cram a lifetime into days / weeks / months...or worse..hours. Trust me.... you will be worse off than you ever have been in your life should that occur.

Make peace with him - and enjoy each other. Whatever caused the rift between you two - just agree not to talk about it or the past. That's never good.

Comment

double post... sorry.

Comment

I am ready to re-start my life in my own place.
                You are ready, but your finances aren't. There are things you can do to help that situation; You could take on a extra part time job or two until you come up with the amount you need and also cut back every extra expenditure possible. Doing these two things alone (if you can manage both) will get you to your goal in very short order.

Best of luck!
                Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X