Buying Discharge Records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Discharge Records?

I filed Ch 7 almost 3 years ago and am trying to get a hold of my discharge records for my loan broker. I keep seeing various sites saying they can provide a copy for 15-20 bucks in a few days, does anyone know of a legit place to use instead of trying to get down town to the court house, or paying .50 cents a page + search fee to the court house?

TYVM!

Mark
    Filed 10/20/08
    Discharged 1/27/09

You can enroll in a court-run program called PACER and have the papers within days if not hours. The cost would even be less than the fees you would pay - 8 cents per page and no charge to your debit card if you don't spend more than $10.00 in a calendar quarter. FYI, my discharge was 4 or 5 pages (40 cents) and it will save to a PDF file on your computer which you can e-mail to your broker.

Here is a thread about it: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips

Hope this helps you!!

PS: While you are on PACER - save a copy of your entire BK petition as well - you never know when you may need it. I saved my printed copies, a copy on my computer as well as on a jump drive.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you very much, I had a feeling there was a more reliable and easier way. Heading there now!
      Filed 10/20/08
      Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X