top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the advantages & disadvantages.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the advantages & disadvantages.....

Of filing a Chapter 7 before a "Civil" Settlement Conference or after Trail - Oct. Any help would be appreciated. Yes - I am bankrupt.

My feeling is to always file before anything goes to judgment and, subsequently, a judgment lien. A little easier to deal with civil issues pre-judgment rather than post-judgment... in my opinion.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If you are ready to file, file now. If you have to wait, you can take some comfort in the attorney's fees the plaintiff will continue to occur in the litigation process. The judgment will be worthless and the lien won't be able to be renewed once you have filed BK. And if you file BK within three months of the lien then you might be able to have it removed completely. The attorneys on here might be able to explain this in more technical terms. Like justbroke said, it's easier to deal with the liens before they happen, but you can still avoid them once you file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X