I think I'll file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll file

I think I will file for bankruptcy. I have a good job. Some credit card debt, and about a 18,000 personal loan. I have no problem paying my bills, but I am tired of paying them. I am tired of work too. My plan is to quit or get fired, not pay any bills for a while, then file. I may work a part time job but that will be it. I want to sit around all day and watch T.V. That is my dream.

Your attempt at humor is lost here. Most of us here have tried with all our heart and soul to avoid BK. I'd gladly give up everything but my family to have avoided it, but thats not the way the world works. I hope you never find your self in the position that a lot of us are in, and would appreciate it if you took your humor somewhere else where it might be appreciated.

Comment

Ditto, DOA. This forum has been a lifesaver for me! It is the first place I go in the morning and the last place before bed. I have learned a wealth of information here and those of us who have filed have taken it very seriously to say the least.
      Filed: March 29, 2006
      341: April 21, 2006
      Discharged: June 28, 2006
      Closed:July 18, 2006:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Comment

Thing is, many who do find humour here will eventually file. Sadly, no one ever knows what is around the corner. One can plan all they want. What is the saying...the best laid plans.....

Comment

hey....

Originally posted by heck-with-it
          I think I will file for bankruptcy. I have a good job. Some credit card debt, and about a 18,000 personal loan. I have no problem paying my bills, but I am tired of paying them. I am tired of work too. My plan is to quit or get fired, not pay any bills for a while, then file. I may work a part time job but that will be it. I want to sit around all day and watch T.V. That is my dream.

Grow up!
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by DOA
            Your attempt at humor is lost here. Most of us here have tried with all our heart and soul to avoid BK. I'd gladly give up everything but my family to have avoided it, but thats not the way the world works. I hope you never find your self in the position that a lot of us are in, and would appreciate it if you took your humor somewhere else where it might be appreciated.
            Well said!! Deserves repeating!! MEGA Dittos DOA!!
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Ok do it! Tell the judge and trustee what you just told us and let us know what they think.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolAndHisMoney
                Ok do it! Tell the judge and trustee what you just told us and let us know what they think.
                Thanks, FAHM!!

I blew coke out thru my nose!!

(That's Coca-Cola, just an FYI for anyone reading this and thinking otherwise. )
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Sadly, this is the attitude that many have. Maybe not quitting the job, but many people run up debts, get tired of paying them and file. That is not really my story, but I have really filed. See, I have never had a credit card, no personal loans, really no debt. I have been wise with my money. Never bought foolish things. I medical condition forced me to file. My insurance only covered part of it, leaving me with bills that I could never pay. There are people like me, who have no choice, and there are other people who splurge on items they don't need, run up a huge bill, and it finally hits them, I cannot afford this. How many people that file turn around and file again in x number of years? I read about the ones who just got discharged and are applying for any credit card they can get. Their excuse, I want to re-build my credit. Think about that, that is the main reason people get credit cards, and of course for emergencies. After several months, you start to use them more and more, before long, you are right back in the hole, struggling to make payments. It is hard to have these cards and use them just sometimes. Most people that got into trouble with credit cards and filed bankruptcy on them, will most likely get into trouble again. What about making this a law? If you file bankruptcy and have credit cards included, then you may not include any credit cards if you file again. This would put an end to alot of the crap that happens.

Comment

I, too, have been guilty of looking down on people who've filed BK and have spent money they didn't have when the truth is I've done the same thing. Even things such as household items (not luxury items), visits to relatives, clothing for my kids, etc. are things that I could've done without if I'm really honest with myself. I've learned the hard way the difference between wants and needs. My kids are tired of me telling them, "That's a want, not a need," but if it will keep them from experiencing this type of pain, then it's worth it.

We have also had more than our share of medical expenses, but if we had sacrificed some (or a lot!) of the little things that add up, we wouldn't be here.

I've said it before, none of us are in a position to judge. We are all in this thing called life together.

This forum has been a Godsend to me when I couldn't express myself to my family and friends. I may not agree with everyone here, but I respect them and pray for them.

just my two cents worth for the day
                    jane

P.S. SinkingFast, I would've known exactly what you were talking about because that is what we call "pop" down here--LOL.
                    Filed: 2/24/2006
                    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Heck,

It is extremely arrogant of you to claim to understand the situation of anyone else on this forum, and very narrowminded to assume that the only reason any of us have filed was because we were financially irresponsible. There are those of us who have lost jobs, or had a nasty divorce, or a failed business or, like you, overwhelming medical bills. While poor choices undoubtedly played a part in why many of us are here, I think that a very small percentage of filers would fall solely into the category you describe, and to lump everyone together in such a manner is irresponsible.

Personally, I think those who come here to judge others are as unwelcome as those who come here to mock us.

Ron

"Only a sith deals in absolutes" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
                        Thanks, FAHM!!

I blew coke out thru my nose!!

(That's Coca-Cola, just an FYI for anyone reading this and thinking otherwise. )
                        SF, you have a coke problem now...well, that won't help your finances any!!!
                        Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
                        Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
                        Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by aa06a47
                          SF, you have a coke problem now...well, that won't help your finances any!!!
                          ROFLMAO!! Nope!! That certainly wouldn't play well on the old expense sheet!!

OK,.......... It's not really Coke. It's SAM's Choice cola. The Real Thing costs too much!

Jane,......... When we lived in southern Illinois, they called it Sodie. Took me a while to figure that one out. What the heck is Sodie?? So I asked. Someone told me, You know, Pop?? Then I got it.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Make sure you understand the BK code first. Especially the part where they can prove fraud by going back a few years. If you are serious, you have to start planning about thirty or thirty-six months in advance. Set yourself up as judgement proof as you can. I would consider also finding a BK friendly state to claim my domicile in. If you have a drug or drinking problem, document it with a re-hab stint. Make sure you get any big expenses out of the way at least two years before the BK...dental work, cosmetic surgery, etc. If you don't clear at least 200K you did something wrong!
                            NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

Originally posted by no_it_all
                              Make sure you understand the BK code first. Especially the part where they can prove fraud by going back a few years. If you are serious, you have to start planning about thirty or thirty-six months in advance. Set yourself up as judgement proof as you can. I would consider also finding a BK friendly state to claim my domicile in. If you have a drug or drinking problem, document it with a re-hab stint. Make sure you get any big expenses out of the way at least two years before the BK...dental work, cosmetic surgery, etc. If you don't clear at least 200K you did something wrong!
                              This all sounds a bit flaky. You never have commented on your own personal financial situation. You just spout about the Codes. The Codes. The Codes. And how to work The Codes.

Are you possibly planning your own BK well in advance??!!

Cause if you had read the thread you woulda seen this:

Sadly, this is the attitude that many have. Maybe not quitting the job, but many people run up debts, get tired of paying them and file. That is not really my story, but I have really filed. See, I have never had a credit card, no personal loans, really no debt. I have been wise with my money. Never bought foolish things. I medical condition forced me to file. My insurance only covered part of it, leaving me with bills that I could never pay. There are people like me, who have no choice, and there are other people who splurge on items they don't need, run up a huge bill, and it finally hits them, I cannot afford this. How many people that file turn around and file again in x number of years? I read about the ones who just got discharged and are applying for any credit card they can get. Their excuse, I want to re-build my credit. Think about that, that is the main reason people get credit cards, and of course for emergencies. After several months, you start to use them more and more, before long, you are right back in the hole, struggling to make payments. It is hard to have these cards and use them just sometimes. Most people that got into trouble with credit cards and filed bankruptcy on them, will most likely get into trouble again. What about making this a law? If you file bankruptcy and have credit cards included, then you may not include any credit cards if you file again. This would put an end to alot of the crap that happens.
                              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                              Discharged - 12/2006
                              Closed - 04/2007

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X