top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest you have gone, after your 341, before discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the longest you have gone, after your 341, before discharge?

Our 60 days were up on the 9th, we still haven't heard anything. Our attorney says to relax, the courts may be backed up. I can't. He said he hasn't heard anything and we have passed the deadline dates but I am still anxious, I just want it over! We had a Pres. of Ab. but our attorney had explained our cirucumstances so he was ok with that, said he wasn't going to pursue it unless HIS boss wanted to. Just waiting......

many of the courts are now backed up. most likey your atty would be the first to know if something didn't go right.

i know it's hard, but unfortunately, at this point you just have to sit tight and try (i know it's nearly impossible), and relax...it will come through soon
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We should have been discharged around the middle of April, but had been ruled an Asset Case, so the trustee added another 60 days onto our waiting period. That put the tentative discharge date to the middle of June.

June and July both came and went with no discharge. Finally on August 13, 'Hub called our caseworker at the courthouse. Our attorney was MIA. The holdup we found, was the lack of a copy of our marriage license in our file. We had taken it with us as instructed, to the 341, and the trustee said he didn't need it when we tried to give it to him.

Once the license was faxed in, the caseworker discharged us that day.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM. Reason: editing for my ow readability LOL
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It is hard waiting, I got my discharge after 65 days, but no close yet, it's been 19 days since my discharge, anxious about that too. As they say here, you have to have patience, very though, I know, good luck, I'm it will be any day now

Comment

I meant very hard though, sorry bout that

Comment

My attorney called me today, discharged. He said it wasn't closed yet, so.....what's the difference? I'm not feeling any relief yet because he said it's not closed, should I be?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              We should have been discharged around the middle of April, but had been ruled an Asset Case, so the trustee added another 60 days onto our waiting period. That put the tentative discharge date to the middle of June. June and July both came and went with no discharge. Finally on August 13, 'Hub called our caseworker at the courthouse. Our attorney was MIA. The holdup we found, was the lack of a copy of our marriage license in our file. We had taken it with us as instructed, to the 341, and the trustee said he didn't need it when we tried to give it to him. Once the license was faxed in, the caseworker discharged us that day.
              Wow! I probably would have been freakin'! Glad it worked out ok.

Comment

My 60 days was up yesterday. My attorney said I should be discharged sometime around the 2nd week of Nov....urgh!
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

So glad yours worked out! Mine actually got delayed due to a clerk error. I waited two weeks past 60 days and finally called. Turns out the clerk never mailed out the notices to the creditors and my case was delayed for 60 days so my creditors had time to object. I was a No Asset Ch 7, pro se and I was beside myself when that happened. Bur in the end things were fine, day 61 (second time) hit and I got my discharge, closed a few days after. At the time I thought I was going to lose it but everything was fine. Congratulations on your discharge!
                  A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    The holdup we found, was the lack of a copy of our marriage license in our file.
                    Why do they need a marriage license?
                    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                    Discharged! June 28, 2012
                    Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                      Why do they need a marriage license?
                      99.9% of the cases do not require it.

Ours was the oddball--as is much the case in our lives. We never did really find out WHY the trustee wanted it. The attorney didn't understand it either; she said she had never heard of this before. [However she was MIA during much of our case.]

The only things that I can guess about this situation, is that (1) we use different surnames. I didn't take 'Hub's surname when we married--and that was at his insistence, and (2) we were married in South Carolina, and though we were confirmed in our marriage in my church two years later, the license may not have been recorded in Florida.

I don't know..... Sorry ...
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
                        So glad yours worked out! Mine actually got delayed due to a clerk error. I waited two weeks past 60 days and finally called. Turns out the clerk never mailed out the notices to the creditors and my case was delayed for 60 days so my creditors had time to object. I was a No Asset Ch 7, pro se and I was beside myself when that happened. Bur in the end things were fine, day 61 (second time) hit and I got my discharge, closed a few days after. At the time I thought I was going to lose it but everything was fine. Congratulations on your discharge!
                        Wow! I don't think I could have made it through that!

Comment

lets see, about 7/8 months to discharge (after much prompting) and about 17 months and counting for closing. no word, no requests, not a peep from anyone. right now we are letting the sleeping dogs lye. yes we are an asset case.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                            lets see, about 7/8 months to discharge (after much prompting) and about 17 months and counting for closing. no word, no requests, not a peep from anyone. right now we are letting the sleeping dogs lye. yes we are an asset case.
                            Good grief...

Comment

well this thread puts some things in perspective for me. My 60 days will be up in 2 weeks, and I guess I should be surprised to get something on Day 60
                              Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                              The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X