Its always something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its always something.

My Honda Civic had a hard time starting today. I took it in thinking maybe it was a battery or starter problem. Of course they can't reproduce the problem and the battery and starter check fine, but they did find that some thingies(I cant remember what they are called) that are like arms? (for the tires) are messed up and need to be replaced. I have honda care so they will cover that (minus my deductable), but of course I need 4 tires. 600.00 bucks and no solution for the starting problem. Arrrggghhhhh

always something is so RIGHT!!!

i think the difference for us now, is that when something goes south, we have to beg, borrow and whatever for the funds to fix the problem
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

That's the part that scares the crap out of me.... The unexpected and if my plan will allow for a way to cover those...

Comment

Originally posted by salsa View Post
        That's the part that scares the crap out of me.... The unexpected and if my plan will allow for a way to cover those...
        i'm thinking by your response that you are in a 13? now..i'm certain someone will chime in, however, i do believe that you should budget into your plan "emergency" funds, for just these type of circumstances. i wass in a no asset 7, so did not really think " ahead".
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yes a good lawyer will try to build that in...

Re honda - $600 for tires for a civic? I know tires are an arm and a leg, but that sounds WAY too much...

Comment

Okay - I wondered the same thing IamOld - my Camry's tires are nice but were about $90 bucks each...
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Buying tires from the dealer? I'm sure you can get them MUCH cheaper at a local tire dealer. The generic brands tend to be just as good as the name brands, just do your research...but please don't buy from the dealer before you do!
              Non-Consumer Chapter 7
              December 2011

Comment

kjrmom911, Are you sure you have to do all 4 tires at once? Cars are just awful though. I just found out that both my front and rear brakes were totally rusted. (I drove Boyfriend and I to a family party last weekend, and he was absolutely horrified at all the strange sounds my car was making. )

My mechanic said I could get by with doing just the front brakes first, which I did, and could do the back later.
                Last edited by lillymarlene; 10-29-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

lillly just out of curiosity how much were your brakes?

I can get a buddy of a buddy to do my FOUR for $200 - probably needs rotors, but that's out of the question - he'll put new pads on though and do the alignment. I needed new brakes a LONG while ago...

Comment

Wow, that's fantastic, mine was about $250 for the pair. Rotors were included.

Comment

That is a GOOD price!!!! The $200 would be the installation of FOUR brake pads...I'm gonna try to talk the buddy of the buddy down to $150 if I buy the pads....

Comment

If you're buying top-shelf tires (I always do - Michelins and nothing but Michelins) then $600 for a set isn't that much of a stretch, but you should do some shopping around before dumping that amount of cash...

Good luck to us all.
                        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Actually, the tires were about 90.00 apiece. They did not charge me a diagnostic fee. They got Honda Care to cover the rear upper control arms. Threw in the 100,000 mile maintenance and did an alignment. I left thrre for just above 500 and that was including my 100.00 deductable. However, we are going back Monday because we did some research and found that the rear upper control arm failure is a known issue and most dealers are aware of it and fixing for free, so we are going to see if we can get our 100.00 back for the deductible. Yes I am in a 13 and our lawyer did a great job building in some emergency savings and I have been saving.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X