Bankrupcy papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankrupcy papers

I received my bankrupcy papers today to sign and mail back. They are asking for a couple of things I'm not sure what they are.

1. 13 retainer. I am assuming they are asking for the additional $7.00 filing fee as I got the papers the day after I mailed the money order for the additional fee.

1. 13 NOR. I have no idea what this is.

My attorney is really hard to get a hold of and since my job doesn't enable me to call her during work I thought I'd see if someone here knew what that was.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Retainer is the fee your attorney and you agreed upon for his/her work.

The NOR. ? Not sure but someone will be along.
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Why aren't you signing this paperwork in person with the attorney to explain it to you? Red flag
      Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

NOR, not sure what that is referring, maybe Notice of Representation, but that seems odd in the context.

13 Retainer, my speculation is that you still have a balance owed to your attorney before he/she will file the case. But you are correct, the filing fee did increase by $7 dollars.

I agree with BKAttyMI, generally, you should sign and review the petition with the attorney, in person; unless you already did a review and during that review only minor changes were needed and he is just sending the revised, final version for signature.

Comment

Originally posted by BKAttyMI View Post
          Why aren't you signing this paperwork in person with the attorney to explain it to you? Red flag
          No idea why they just send the paperwork out to you. It must be their practice though because they have form letters that walk you through most of it and warn you not to date anything until the day you mail it back. I sent her an email on Sunday asking her some questions and have not gotten a response yet. Also, when she returns my calls she just states her name and number not any information on WHEN she might be available for phone calls. I sent her another email tonight and called their office and pretty much demanded that someone call me back or have the attorney tell me a time when I can call her back.

All these things raise a red flag too but all the paperwork is done and I'm pretty sure if I withdraw with her now I will owe a significant amount of money and I just can't afford that. As I have a default judgement close behind me I can't risk having my case drag on before filing and get a judgement and 25% garnishment. As I just started this new job I can't really have a garnishment delivered to my employer. Even though "technically" they can't fire me or discriminate due to that it's a church organization and they would find a different reason to let me go. So if I don't get a response by Monday then I guess I will spend my breaks and lunches calling the office until I do get a hold of her.
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X