Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraudulent Charges

well it finally happened to me.

I opened a $500. secured visa card with my credit union. I got a call last week from the fraud dept that there were strange charges to my card.
    Went into the acct online and there were charges from europe with some small test charges and then a big charge up to my limit.

Went straight down to the credit union and spent an hr filling out papers and they said that because it was them notifying me so i didn't have to file a police report. Also there was no way to tell where the charges came from other than GB (I'm guessing Great Britain) also with international fee charges.
    They closed my acct immediately but did say they would not know how long it was going to take to get the charges taken back off. So far...the 2.15 international fee is credited.

It's a card i have only used for very small purchases.

I am so glad that it wasn't my debit card cuz it could have wiped out my checking balance.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

You are being targeted by a Nigerian fraud ring. You will find charges from England (that's how the cc fraud department figured it out) as well as Hong Kong and in the US through California and, maybe, NY. You need to carefully monitor your CR. Look for cell phone companies and charges, typically Pac Bell or something similar. Also look for cc opened in your name that you did not apply for as well as bogus addresses for your residence. Notify all CR agencies and make sure a fraud alert is placed on each report. The alert should be good for at least 6 months. If there are newly opened accounts contact each vendor, file a fraud report and have each account closed.

Des.

Comment

thanks des....this is sooo scary. I have Identy Guard thru Costco. Was going to cancel it, think i will keep it for a while @ 7.99 a month
      Ahh the Nigerian thing rears its ugly head again. I still get junk email every once in a while for people trying to get their money transfered into the US. Can't believe those things are still out there....can't believe people really fall for that stuff.

Going into my Identy guard and doin it right now....
      Last edited by oregonpilot; 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X