Pulling Credit Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling Credit Reports

I'm about to scream. I went to annualcreditreport.com to get my reports. I got the one from experian,but for some reason, equifax won't let me see it online (for security reasons) and transunion suspended my account (after clicking on the button to dispute an item) and won't let me see it anymore unless I call them! (for security reasons!) WTF!!!!!! I'm not a master criminal. I'm not a terrorist. I'm not the anti-christ. Why the heck can't I view them???? Ugh!

While it's a pain it's for your own protection and you can thank all the identity thieves out there for the inconvenience - many sites now have all sorts of security measures in place if you are accessing any personal account or place where you have private information and if you hit one wrong key or there is something suspicious as to your account, you will be required to call for identification purposes.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

With all the identity theft out there I'm glad to see that it is working! Sorry for your frustration though
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

What everyone has said for sure. Be prepared for them to want you to fax them this, that and possibly the other before they display your report.

They ARE liable and they have NO SENSE OF HUMOR about it either. Call and send them what they need.

Comment

It took me three attempts to get Experian to accept a dispute via regular mail. They kept sending me a form letter directing me to their online dispute process. I had to send a photocopy of my drivers license, a recent utility bill and information about my last two residences as well as SSAN and DOB and request that they specifically identify which information they considered deficient.

After investigating they removed the item, just like Equifax and Transunion did after one attempt, so I guess each of them have different standards.
          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Oh they are all so very different and fickle! Each can have their own issues and their own processes. What's works for one - you can depend the person next to you won't have that problem but have a different problem with a different one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X