Samsclub card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsclub card

If you default on the credit part of a Samsclub card, held by Ge cap, can you still shop with the card. Obviously not using it as a credit card but when they swipe it at check out. I'd hate to be at check out and they turn me away due to membership being void.

very doubtful. i would call the back of the card, GE may have pulled in already. some of those cards sneak on by, but not many.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yes, it can still be used for the membership portion. You can go to customer service and ask for a card without the credit card portion...some may say it's not possible, just try again later (it definitely can be done). In the meantime, if you checkout and they ask if you want to charge it to that card, just say no. Simple as that.
      Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dman View Post
        Yes, it can still be used for the membership portion. You can go to customer service and ask for a card without the credit card portion...some may say it's not possible, just try again later (it definitely can be done). In the meantime, if you checkout and they ask if you want to charge it to that card, just say no. Simple as that.
        I defaulted on my Sam's card and since they automatically charge your membership fee to the card I was not able to use it. Luckily I just went in a bought one thing because I had a feeling it wasn't going to work. They said if I got a new membership and paid the fee I could shop there.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Thanks

I think I will go for the new card without credit. Don't want any mistakes. Membership fee was automaticly put on the card throughout the years, so guess this will be paid up front. The yearly fee still is worth the great savings there.

Comment

I only know how it works if the membership fee was NOT charged to the credit portion of the card. I guess it kinda makes sense that they'd cancel it (the membership) if you paid using their card and then defaulted on it.
            Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X