top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever look back and wished that you had spent MORE moeny before BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent all I could trying to keep afloat, never behind until my business credit line was cut off. Then never another payment, but there was nothing left to send. I don't see how I could have spent more.

I do know if I had been a chapter 13 case I would have considered new cars, but that would be money I planned to pay back, not trying to get away without paying. I undestand the thought, w all have them, especially when we see other people geting away with things, but its not a good thing to try and borrow money you know won't be repaid.

Comment

The only thing I regret about Bankruptcy is letting the "hold on to your good credit score" game get to me and that I didn't file sooner so that I would have this behind me by now
      Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
      341 Hearing 1/12/12
      Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

I do not believe we would have willingly/knowingly spent more on the CC, we like many others did not know enough about preplanning to that extent. One thing we did do that we regret was that about 6 months before we even started to think about DH filing, we transferred one of his his high rate balances to a 0% card of mine, about $8,000. It was just about one year ago, now each month when I pay that bill (I did not file) I feel some pain in knowing that this would have been included in the chp 7 filing with the rest of them. Its the biggest bill I have now and down to about $6200, live and learn...alot!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
          I do not believe we would have willingly/knowingly spent more on the CC, we like many others did not know enough about preplanning to that extent. One thing we did do that we regret was that about 6 months before we even started to think about DH filing, we transferred one of his his high rate balances to a 0% card of mine, about $8,000. It was just about one year ago, now each month when I pay that bill (I did not file) I feel some pain in knowing that this would have been included in the chp 7 filing with the rest of them. Its the biggest bill I have now and down to about $6200, live and learn...alot!
          Oh but I admire and respect you for your feelings this way. You did not do wrong and yes it could have been better. However, did you learn by this? We lost 10 mil digested in other threads I'm not going to resurrect.

We are much more "wealthy" now than we ever were when we could write a hundred dollar check and never miss it. Values change, money is nothing but a tool. It is made to trade your labor and talent in time, for another person's labor or talent. It is not something to build your ego up or count numbers. In the long haul, as in the book of Ecclesiastes (The teacher of vanities) whether we are kings or pawns, we all will go to the same. Nothing carried with you.

Your design is to cherish what you have here and now. A family, friends, loved ones, and peace of heart. You work on those, and the money will come to make this happen. It has for us in fractions of what we had, but all of what we need. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We haven't filed yet, but we did purchase a new truck in case we go ch13. Also this month I did not get paid due to switching jobs and back to old job and ended up using our overdraft protection for $750. I am going to pay that off and a medical bill if OK with attorney and then will have to wait 90 days. We meet with attorney next week. I really wanted to file sooner than later.

I wish we would not have used OD protection.

Comment

Since I (obviously) no longer have any working credit cards; I quit paying them all in 2009, I do regret not buying certain things back when I did have access to the credit card money. I wish that I had bought good furniture instead of cheap particle board furniture, I wish I had bought a new laptop instead of a used laptop, I wish I had bought a plasma TV instead of a cheap CRT model, and I wish I had bought new clothes instead of keeping the old clothes that I had for 10+ years. And I also could have used my credit cards to pay for rent and utilities, thereby socking away cash under my mattress which the creditors could not touch.

However, I did not know that I'd be defaulting on my debts until my employment situation forced me to do it. I had taken out these debts with the reasonable (up until this decade) expectation that if I did my job well and had a good reputation at work, then my wages would go UP over time--not down. However, from 2007 to 2009, I kept losing jobs, taking pay cuts, and going into debt, until finally I was fired from my job in 2009 and decided to cut my losses and go to college.

So now, as an unemployed student, I have neither the money nor the desire to ever pay anything toward these old debts. But yeah, it would be nice if I had bought more good stuff when I could, because now that I have to pay cash for everything, I find myself dumpster diving for just about everything, except food of course.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X