top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustration.....WARNING - Venting follows.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

footballfan, I'm very sorry about your experience. I think that was very unprofessional of the assistant. In a bankruptcy practice, I imagine that Job #1 is "keep clients calm"!

Heck, I've known FEMALE attorneys who took calls while in labor, answered emails hours after birth, etc.... not that I think it's right, but it's certainly not unusual for solo practitioners to deal with client affairs in the midst of big events. I've also known good professionals whose assistants or substitutes ran off their clients while they were out. In the final analysis, good help really IS hard to find.

But if you can keep your future dealings with the assistant to a minimum, it's probably worth staying with the attorney. You really don't deal with him for very long, and it's not that much contact even while you're in the process (once you've filed).

Hey, I thought my attorney was fine. Even though: I did most of the work, he didn't return my calls for a couple of weeks before we needed to file, and he only called back when my HUSBAND called. He filed the stuff electronically, showed up in a suit for the 341 (and let me answer the trustee's questions when appropriate), and everything wrapped up OK. I've never had to talk to him since. (And oh, he's so much better than the first lawyer I talked to - who was so mean and judgmental to me on the phone that I was reduced to tears. For an hour.)

Hang in there, dear! It sounds like you have enough on your hands "talking down" your DH - and I sympathize completely! It will be OK. Really.
    Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X